The Jonathan Pitney House - Absecon, NJ
Jonathan Pitney House • Absecon, NJ
- $199 for a 2-night stay in rooms 1-9, valid for check in Sunday - Thursday (Not valid for a Friday or Saturday stay)
- Book by: 6/16/17; travel by: 6/29/17
- Complimentary breakfast
- Afternoon tea and snacks
Hotel at a Glance: Jonathan Pitney House
Built in 1799 by Atlantic City founder Dr. Jonathan Pitney, Jonathan Pitney House is a time capsule from the resort city's original heyday in the mid-1800s. The original residence and its eight rooms—including the rooms of Jonathan and his wife, Caroline—are meticulously restored and appointed with period-appropriate furnishings, from elegantly carved wood vanities to intricately detailed wallpaper.
- Each room is completely unique, and is equipped with a gas fireplace and flat-screen TV.
- Complimentary breakfast is served at bistro tables in the Victorian dining room every morning.
- The Atlantic City boardwalk's shimmering lights and sea breezes are just a 15-minute drive away.
- Afternoon tea, served from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., pairs a wide range of teas and coffee with sweet snacks.
Atlantic City, New Jersey: Casinos and Carnival Rides Lining Historical Beachside Boardwalk
No trip to Atlantic City is complete without a stroll along its signature boardwalk, which stretches for 6 miles along New Jersey's eastern coast. Originally built in 1870 to keep sand out of hotel lobbies, the boardwalk grew in popularity as a place where you could drink and gamble during Prohibition without much trouble from the police, as depicted in HBO's Boardwalk Empire. The boardwalk is still popular for its casinos, but it's family-friendly, too; visitors are just as inclined to sit at the beach or stop at one of the many carnival rides.
On the boardwalk, it's worth it to check out the Absecon Lighthouse, which is more than 150 years old. It's possible to climb its 228 steps to the top, which features sweeping views of the city skyline and the sea. Down at the base, you'll find a replica of the original light keeper's lonely cloister and the collection of sock puppets he created to keep him company.
Proving further that Atlantic City isn't all nightclubs, boardwalk, and casinos is Gardner's Basin, a maritime village along the bay. Here, a community of artisans uses seashells and driftwood to hand-make items such as wind chimes and picture frames. However, the Basin's biggest claim to fame is the 25,000-gallon Atlantic City Aquarium swimming with turtles and rays.
Absolutely wonderful stay.-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 2 per customer, up to 2 additional as gifts; up to 4 vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays now to June 29, 2017
- Book-by date: customer must contact merchant by June 16, 2017 to make booking
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Credit card information and photo ID is required at check-in; must be 21 or over to check-in
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes complimentary breakfast; and afternoon tea and snacks
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services, and gratuity at the property are not included
- Voucher valid for 2 guests
- Pets are not allowed inside the property
- No smoking at the property
- Check-in: 2 p.m. / Checkout: 11 a.m.
- Upgrades available; please inquire with merchant at time of booking reservation
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Blackout date(s): May 21; and June 14 to 15, 2017
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON June 16, 2017 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON May 29, 2022 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 16, 2017 • Enjoy By June 16, 2017
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings