Victorian-Style Splendour in a Classic Seaside Town
Prince of Wales • Merseyside, United Kingdom
- Two-Night Stay for Two People in a Standard Room
- Daily Full English Breakfast
- Bottle of Wine in Room on Arrival
- Dinner Each Evening
- Availability All Seven Days of the Week
According to local legend, Southport got its name when hotelier William Sutton—affectionately known as The Mad Duke—invited his friend Dr Miles Barton to stay at the new bathing house he'd built. Barton stood to toast the town (known at the time as South Hawes) and got as far as "To South—" before his attention wandered to the contents of his glass and he added, "Port?". Toast to a great Escape with a stay at the Prince of Wales hotel.
Since then, the town has enjoyed a reputation as a place for a little R and R, and you don't have to wait for a public speaking invite to experience it for yourself with a break for two-night stay for two people at £99 (up to £205.95 in value).
Satisfy your culinary cravings with dinner each evening in the hotel's delightful Colonial Restaurant as well as a full English breakfast in the morning.
You'll find antiques and collectables under the stained glass Victorian arcade and along Lord Street Boulevard—where Napoleon is said to have stayed in 1846 and loved the tree-lined road so much he borrowed the concept for Paris—or head for Wesley Street and its charming pastel-fronted sweet, cake, and wool shops. Dabble in Southport's original draw—bathing—in the pool, so unlike Barton, you'll leave with a clear head.
• This Escape is for two people.
• One child under 3 years stays free of charge in child's cot / crib.
• One child aged 3 to 16 years is charged £15 per night in an extra bed.
"Just 20 miles north of Liverpool [Southport] is a traditional Victorian seaside town—but with a contemporary twist. It combines beautiful beaches, family attractions and the UK’s oldest iron pier with fantastic shopping."-- Visit Southport
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- Book by February 28, 2014
- 1 voucher is valid for 2 people (must be used over consecutive nights)
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; offer cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by March 31, 2014
- Not valid on February 14, 15 2014
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Deal based on double occupancy in a Standard Room; Upgrades available subject to availability
- One child under 3 years stays free of charge in a child's cot/crib, one child from 3-16 years is charged £15 per night in an extra bed, the maximum number of extra beds in a room is 1, supplements paid direct to merchant
- Dogs allowed, contact merchant directly for more information
- Wifi available
- Voucher includes: Two-Night Stay for Two People in a Standard Room, Daily Full English Breakfast, Bottle of Wine in Room on Arrival, Dinner Each Evening, Availability All Seven Days of the Week
- Check in 3pm; check out 10am
- Valid for purchased voucher option only
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Subject to availability. Hotel may reserve some rooms for non-LivingSocial guests
- For information on any special assistance required including disabled access, please contact merchant directly prior to purchase if required
- Enjoy By date on this voucher cannot be validly extended without the express written endorsement of LivingSocial. Without such written endorsement, any offer by the merchant to extend the Enjoy By date cannot be honoured by LivingSocial in the event that the merchant defaults
- Call 0871 226 6847 for further information if required
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 31, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2014 • Enjoy By March 31, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings