Picasso to Warhol by Way of the Artmore
Artmore Hotel • Atlanta, GA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a One-Bedroom Suite, Two Drink Vouchers, and Two Tickets to the High Museum of Art's "Picasso to Warhol" Exhibit ($266)
- Or, Two-Night Stay for Four in a Deluxe Double Room, Four Drink Vouchers, and Four Tickets to the High Museum of Art ($314)
- Daily Breakfast Buffet
- Valet Parking
Oscar Wilde once said that life imitates art more than art imitates life. Whatever your position on this philosophical debate, you'll agree the two worlds collide on this week's Escape to Atlanta's Artmore Hotel, a privately owned boutique inn and a work of art in its own right, and the nearby High Museum of Art .
In addition to your two-night stay for two in a one-bedroom suite ($266), or two-night stay for four in a Deluxe Double Room ($314), you'll get valet parking, drink vouchers, and two (or four) tickets to the museum's "Picasso to Warhol" exhibition, which showcases about 100 works by artists like Henri Matisse, Marcel Duchamp, Joan Miró, and the exhibit's namesake bookends.
But before you meditate on Picasso's "Girl Before a Mirror," or Jackson Pollock's esoteric "Number 1A," check-in to Midtown's Artmore Hotel, whose 1924 brick facade wouldn't be out of place in Duchamp's Paris. And while its exterior speaks to a bygone era, its interior is nothing if not chic and modern.
"Like a posh apartment," Citybuzz says of the generously large rooms. Awash in understated creams and reds, they feature queen- or king-size beds with custom bedding, iPod docking stations and flat-screen TVs, refrigerators, rain shower heads, and vanity bath products.
After you've filled up on breakfast, stroll half a mile through the Cultural Arts District to the High Museum of Art. The exhibit, which runs through April 29, 2012, boasts one of the largest collections of modern-art masterpieces to ever show in the South. Assembled exclusively for the High by The Museum of Modern Art in New York, it features 14 of the 20th century's most iconic artists and their time-honored work.
Back at Artmore, head for the Studio Lounge to make good on your included drink vouchers. This outpost of hip, with white leather stools and modern-minimalist light fixtures, is frequented by locals and out-of-towners alike. And it opens onto a festive outdoor courtyard whose centerpiece, a flaming stone fountain, sets the mood for deep discussion and evening revelry.
Speaking of deep discussion, have you decided where you stand on the life-imitates-art-imitates-life debate? Neither have we. All we know is that this week's 50 percent discount makes arriving at that decision that much easier.
"This is the best of Atlanta [and it's] in proximity to everything we need to be near. The rooms were art deco and the hotel itself was splendid. I cannot wait for my next visit."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit one per person, one additional as gifts
- Limit one voucher per stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Nights must be used consecutively
- Blackout dates: Oct 7th-9th, 2011; Oct 14th-16th, 2011l; Dec 2nd-4th, 2011; Dec 30th- Jan 1st, 2011-2012; Jan 11th-18th, 2012; Feb 16th-19th, 2012
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 1, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 1, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 1, 2012 • Enjoy By March 1, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings