Treks and Tracks - Point Reyes Station, CA
Treks and Tracks • Santa Cruz, CA
- Trip for one
- Option 1: $139 for a 2-day/1-night backpacking trip in Ojai (up to a $329 value)
- Option 2: $139 for a 2-day/1-night backpacking trip in Point Reyes (up to a $329 value)
- Option 3: $139 for a 2-day/2-night backpacking trip in Shi Shi Beach (up to a $329 value)
- Option 4: $139 for a 2-day/2-night backpacking trip in Hoh Rainforest (up to a $329 value)
- Option 5: $250 for a 3-day/2-night practical wilderness survival course in Yosemite (up to a $499 value)
- Book by: 7/2/17; Travel: Valid on select dates between 5/4/17–9/30/17
After purchasing this deal, you will need to visit the website listed on your voucher to complete redemption.
Travel is available on select dates between May 4 and September 30, 2017. After purchasing this deal, you will need to visit the website listed on your voucher to complete redemption.
Wilderness Backpacking Trip
During a backpacking adventure from Treks and Tracks, you can experience California's wilderness without the hassle of organizing a trip yourself. The company provides the gear, while you enjoy the great outdoors and learn real backcountry skills, such as how to find edible plants and honor leave-no-trace principles. Two-day backpacking trips are available in Ojai, Point Reyes, Shi Shi beach, and Hoh Rainforest. A fifth option, the Practical Wilderness Survival course, takes you to Yosemite for 3 days of hands-on survival training. Each trip includes:
- Tents and backpacks
- Sleeping bags and pads
- One dinner and one breakfast (one breakfast per day)
- Water purification systems
- First-aid kit
- Detailed list of what to bring
What to Expect
- You'll hike 3–6 miles in a day depending on the trip.
- Hiking during this trip is considered strenuous—you should be in good shape.
- Your backpack will weigh 30–40 pounds (weight varies based on what you bring).
Stately oak and bay trees give way to gentle grasses on this excursion through the Ojai Valley. Your grassland trek also includes an amble around one of the region's meandering creeks.
- Warm-water swimming holes are found along your route.
- Stunning mountain views are never out of sight.
Just an hour's drive north of San Francisco, Point Reyes National Seashore holds some of the Bay Area's most unspoiled views of the Pacific Ocean. No experience is needed for this hike, which is suitable for hikers 12 or older.
- Migrating whales are often visible from the shore.
- Views of Little Yosemite Valley await you at the top of the mountain.
Shi Shi Beach
On this trip, you'll hike through Shi Shi Beach, one of the most beautiful beaches located on the Pacific coast. This two-day hike rewards 4.5 miles of walking with unforgettable views of the starry night from the camp. This trek requires participants to be in moderately good physical condition.
- Migrating whales are often visible from the shore.
- Camp right at the beach and take in the views of the night sky.
On this trip, you'll hike through Olympic National Park, the only rainforest in the lower 48 states. The trail will take you 5 miles inland, where can admire Hoh River and Bogachiel Peak in the Olympic mountains. You don't need any experience for this hike, only be in moderately good physical condition.
- Stunning views of mountains will accompany you all the time.
- Essential backpacker know-how will be covered during the trip.
Practical Wilderness Survival
Could you survive in the wilderness if you had to? This 3-day course teaches you the basics of backcountry survival in the Yosemite wilderness, where a large fraction of America's search-and-rescue missions take place. Here's a sampling of what the course covers:
- Survival psychology: how to remain clearheaded and minimize stress in survival situations
- Basic foraging skills and how to collect and treat water for drinking
- How to start a fire using friction or flint
Great guide and fun times!-- LivingSocial Member
Great instruction, fun, and safe. Highly recommend.-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays from May 4 to September 30, 2017
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Credit card information and photo ID is required at check-in; must be 18 or over to check-in
- Online reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 1 week in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher does not include lunch and gear
- Detailed gear list provided 1 week prior to trip
- Taxes and gratuity not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services, and gratuity at the property are not included
- Voucher valid for 1 guest
- Must be able to carry a 30 lb bag
- All trekkers must be age 12+ to participate
- Handicap-accessible options are not available
- No pets allowed
- No smoking allowed
- Check-in: 10 p.m. / Checkout: 1 p.m.
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON September 30, 2017 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON May 28, 2022 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2017 • Enjoy By September 30, 2017
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms