The Bygone Days of the Gilded Age
The Oliver Inn • South Bend, IN
- A One-Night Stay for Two
- Candlelit Breakfast for Two
- Complimentary Weekday Upgrade to Room with a Fireplace or Jacuzzi with a Dozen Chocolate Truffles
If the Information Age is feeling like there's a bit of TMI shared between your new smartphone, iPad, and constant stream of Twitter updates, perhaps it's time to take a trip back to the turn of the last century. Immerse yourself in the timeless luxury of the Gilded Age with this week's Escape: an overnight stay for two ($80) at The Oliver Inn in South Bend.
Let the years slip away as your carriage pulls into the porte-cochère of this Queen Anne-style manse where you'll receive the kind of first-class treatment not even Andrew Carnegie could have imagined. Bright and airy bedrooms capture the essence of refinery with their antique furnishings, pillowy bathrobes, and luxury bath soaps. Those booking on weekdays can upgrade for free to a room with a crackling fireplace or a bubbling Jacuzzi and a treat of double-dark chocolate truffles.
An elegant evening will give way to a magnificent morning as you dine by candlelight on caramel-pecan French toast and fresh fruit. Sip a cup of hot tea (remember to arch that pinky finger!) as the tune of a grand piano twinkles in the background. Round out your visit to horse-and-buggy days with an afternoon visit to the Studebaker National Museum.
Then, pause upon re-entry to the modern age with an old-fashioned tour of the modern Tabor Hill Winery -- whose restaurant is the picture of class pairing glasses of Syrah with wood-grilled ruby red trout.
Don't leave your next vacation until 2021 -- this getaway will be one for the ages.
"This fascinating hotel will help visitors learn about the most well-known families to come out of the city. It has convenient amenities such as a relaxing parlor, high-speed wireless Internet access, air conditioning, and cable."-- USA Today
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 per person, up to 2 additional as gifts
- Limit 1 per stay
- Reservations are required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of two weeks applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- All services must be redeemed during one visit and used by same customer(s); cannot be shared
- Not valid on holidays
- Not valid on the following dates: 2/11-2/12 or 2/18-2/19
- Valid for upgrade to fireplace or jacuzzi room and a dozen South Bend Chocolate double dark truffles if used Sunday through Thursday; upgrades available Friday through Saturday for an additional cost
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON May 31, 2011 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON May 31, 2016 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON May 31, 2011 • Enjoy By May 31, 2011
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings