Boutique Chic in the Nordic Northwest
Hotel Ballard • Seattle, WA
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a Double King Room with Shared Bathroom, Sundays through Thursdays ($99) or Fridays and Saturdays ($109)
- Or, a One-Night Stay for Two in a Double King Deluxe Room with Private Bathroom, Sundays through Thursdays ($130) or Fridays and Saturdays ($140)
- Access to Private Health Club with Pool, Hot Tub, Steam Room, and Dry Sauna
- 20% Off Additional Nights
A ten-minute drive north of downtown Seattle, the historic neighborhood of Ballard was settled 150 years ago by Norwegian, Swedish, and Finnish immigrants. Today, this former Nordic haven is a hot spot for chic cafes, bustling bars, and upscale shops, as well as the area's only boutique inn, The Hotel Ballard.
It's Norway or the highway with this week's Escape for a one-night stay for two in a Double King Room, Sundays through Thursdays ($99) or Fridays or Saturdays ($109), at this completely restored 1902 property, originally commissioned by the American-Scandinavian Bank.
Or, get a one-night stay for two in a Double King Deluxe Room, Sundays through Thursdays ($130) or Fridays and Saturdays ($140).
You'll also receive 20 percent off additional nights and private health club access at the neighboring Olympic Athletic club, a massive 50,000-square-foot workout facility with a pool, hot tub, steam room, and dry sauna.
Located in the heart of historic Ballard, this charming hotel boasts 16 elegantly appointed rooms with period furnishings and modern amenities. The spacious Double King Deluxe Room features a king-size bed, 42-inch flat-screen TV, and a private bath with shower. The Double King offers a king-size bed, 32-inch flat-screen TV, and a European-style bathroom that you'll share with one or two other rooms. Both come with cable TV and free Wi-Fi.
You won't find any fjords, and a view of the Northern Lights is unlikely, but this hip hotel does sit in the thick of sundry dining and drinking establishments, and within walking distance of funky Fremont, the Ballard Locks (one of Washington's top tourist attractions), and scenic Golden Gardens Park, which offers splendid views of Puget Sound and the Olympic Mountains.
The salmon that drew seafaring culture here in the 19th century are also an attraction today, though now the fish is flown in directly from Alaska. Head to Chinook's at Salmon Bay, about a mile from Ballard Locks, for everything under the sea: Dungeness crab, prawns, oysters, mussels, calamari, clams, and of course, salmon.
If the closest you've come to Northern European culture is navigating the aisles at IKEA, it's high time you explore the Scandinavian side of Seattle with this week's Escape.
"If you have only time to visit one neighborhood outside of downtown, make it Ballard."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Must book with the property no later than May 31, 2012
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit one voucher per reservations
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Vouchers include Access to Private Health Club with Pool, Hot Tub, Steam Room, and Dry Sauana, and 20% Off Additional Nights
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Based upon double occupancy
- Taxes/Resort fees not included and payable directly to the property
- Blackout dates may apply
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON May 31, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON May 31, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON May 31, 2012 • Enjoy By May 31, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings