Rich, Historic Elegance in Cache Valley
The Riter Mansion • Logan, UT
- A One-Night Stay for Two
- Breakfast for Two
- Private Fireplace and Whirlpool Tub
Stately columns flanking the entrance to the The Riter Mansion, not to mention the grand white staircase below the leaded stained-glass window inside, might lead you to believe you've stepped through a wormhole to 1920s Philadelphia.
Hardly. You're in a Greek Revival-style mansion, one of only three in Logan, Utah. And with this week's Escape you'll get a one-night stay for two in one of three plush suites at this brick beauty less than 90 minutes from Salt Lake City ($75).
Choose between the Parlor Suite (with sitting alcove, columned whirlpool, and fireplace), the Garden Suite (with fireplace, etched glass windows, and a corner-set jetted tub), or the Library Suite (with cherry wood bookcases, four-poster bed, fireplace, and whirlpool tub).
With refined interior décor and whirlpool baths in every suite, this historic bed and breakfast exudes an elegance unmatched in these climes. Says one guest on TripAdvisor, "The home is a wonderful old, historic mansion, with a large entry, beautiful woodwork, solid flooring, a sweeping entrance stairway, and well appointed suites."
Start your day with breakfast at the Riter. Then, head for Beaver Mountain Resort, about 40 minutes northeast, for a day of downhill skiing, snowboarding, or cross-country skiing. In the warmer months, canoeing and bird watching in Cutler Marsh are favorite local pastimes.
Come nightfall, you'll want to head back to the Riter Mansion. Not because the town is unsafe—on the contrary, it was named the safest metropolitan area in the country in 2005 and '07. Rather, you'll want to curl up with a good book and enjoy that in-room fireplace, and a bit of historic charm, before it's back through the wormhole to reality.
"North [of Salt Lake City], with its cattail marshes and pasturelands framed by the gray cliffs of the Wellsville Mountains and the Bear River Range, has its own kind of beauty."-- Fodor's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit one voucher per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Based upon double occupancy
- Blackout dates: May 4 and 5, 2012
- Valid for all suites except the Master Suite; upgrades to the Master Suite available upon booking
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON May 31, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON May 31, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON May 31, 2012 • Enjoy By May 31, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings