Painting the Town Nantucket Red
Martin House Inn • Nantucket, MA
- A Two-Night Stay for One in a Room with a Twin Bed and a Shared Bath ($145)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two in a Room with Two Twin Beds and a Shared Bath ($210)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two in a Room with Two Full-Size Beds and a Shared Bath ($225)
- Daily Continental Breakfast
- Bottle of Wine
- 50% Discount on a Beer and Wine Tasting at Cisco Brewers
- Late Noon Checkout
Like a well-fit Oxford or good pair of chinos, there's a reason certain styles earn the term "classic." Take a cue from your wardrobe and make sure you're well-prepped for this week's Escape to Nantucket.
Suit up for a monogrammed (read: personalized) two-night stay for one in a room with a twin bed and a shared bath ($145), or a two-night stay for two in a room with two twin beds ($210) or two full-size beds ($225), both with a shared bath, at Martin House Inn, a resplendent mansion built in 1803 by sea captain and gentleman Nathaniel Sherman in the island's historic district.
Classic touches and authentic period pieces in each room will make you want to kick off your wellies upon your arrival, when you'll be greeted with a bottle of wine in a private sanctuary where Old World luxury meets modern comfort. On Fridays, toast your shipshape stay with complimentary wine and cheese in the inn's main room.
Loosen your ribbon belt for included daily breakfasts in the antique dining room and savor freshly baked muffins, breads, and pastries; fresh fruit; and homemade granola. Or take your treats out to the white-washed veranda, the chaises in the backyard, or the stately widow's walk, where you can enjoy a peaceful spell reading or merely soak up the natural beauty of the colorful gardens or Nantucket's historic harbor.
Lace up your Sperrys and stroll through the town center, where you can tour an old mill house, or sail into Downyflake for a nibble of its famous homemade doughnuts and blueberry pancakes. A must-try according to locals is the Nantucket Chowder Company, where you can taste a bowl of the soup that has impressed even Martha Stewart.
Come evening, you'll want to put on your university jacket but loosen your bow tie with a visit to Cisco Brewers—a brew pub that's become a staple in the live-music scene, and where Escapees are invited to participate in a half-price beer-and-wine tasting. And there's no need to check your Rolex—late noon checkout is a given.
Get ready to pop your collar and scuff up those loafers—it's time you got away to paint the town Nantucket red.
"One of the lower-priced B&Bs in town but... one of the most stylish, with a formal parlor, dining rooms, and spacious side porch. This historic 1803 mariner's home is kept shipshape; and since your innkeeper is an expert baker, it always smells yummy."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit one voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Valid for travel until 2/1/13
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 21 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Blackout dates include 6/15/12-9/15/12 and Nantucket Christmas Stroll 2012
- Option A is based on single occupancy
- Options B and C are based on double occupancy
- All rooms in this feature are rooms with a shared bath
- Taxes not included and will be collected at redemption
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON February 1, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON February 1, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON February 1, 2013 • Enjoy By February 1, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings