A Night in Gotham by the Bay
Larkspur Hotel Union Square • San Francisco, CA
- A One-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays ($135) or Fridays and Saturdays ($155) in a Traditional Queen Room
- $15 Food and Beverage Credit at Bar 1915
- Morning Coffee and Tea in the Lobby
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Pets Allowed at No Charge
There, in the thick of downtown—where high-end boutiques flourish, top-caliber dining is just an alley away, and citizens of the world coalesce in a cosmopolitan bustle—lies Union Square.
But we aren't talking about New York. Soak up all the action of the Big Apple right here in the country's second most densely populated city with this week's Escape to the Larkspur Hotel Union Square in San Francisco.
You'll get a one-night stay for two, Sundays through Thursdays ($135) or Fridays and Saturdays ($155), in a Traditional Queen Room.
Start your oh-so urban getaway in a leather chair next to the fireplace at the on-site Bar 1915, where you'll get $15 to spend on food and beverages. Mornings begin with coffee and tea in the lobby, and you'll get complimentary Wi-Fi throughout your stay, plus the option of bringing your pet at no charge.
Traditional Queen rooms are adorned with rich wood accents and a creamy color palette, and they're outfitted with a FeatherBorne bed, a flat-screen TV, and a work desk. And the spacious bathroom is stocked with luxurious Lather bath and body products.
Cabs in San Francisco aren't as plentiful as their New York counterparts, but who needs 'em when you're stationed in the middle of it all? Make reservations for dinner at Gitane, hidden in a narrow alleyway just off Union Square—"the most romantic getaway in the Bay Area," said Chronicle food critic Michael Bauer in 2011.
And while San Francisco does have its own Broadway, the street isn't packed with the same kind of live theater that New York's famous thoroughfare boasts. Still, the SF Playhouse Theatre, Curran Theatre, and American Conservatory Theater are all within five blocks of the hotel.
In the morning, after brunch (at nearby Harry Denton's Starlight room if you're there on a Sunday—trust us), peruse the dozens of upscale shopping options on nearby Maiden Lane, from national scene-stealers like Christian Dior and Marc Jacobs to local stars like Azadeh.
If New York is the Big Apple, then San Francisco is the Big Grape. Squeeze the last drops out of your urban Escape with a tasting or two at Press Club on Market Street, home to a rotating coterie of vintners from around the Bay Area.
Your move, Manhattan.
"More than location and historical aspects, the staff's wonderful welcoming presence make this hotel an amazing experience."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit two per purchaser, up to two additional as gifts
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Vouchers include $15 food and beverage credit at Bar 1915, morning coffee and tea in the lobby, complimentary Wi-Fi, and pets allowed at no charge
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Taxes/Resort fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Offer may be combined to extend stay
- Blackout dates are Feb 27-29, March 5-9, 11-13, April 9-11; all other dates are subject to availability
- Not valid towards group blocks
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 28, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 28, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 28, 2012 • Enjoy By April 28, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings