Wine and Wanderlust in Wayfaring Virginia
The Inn at Meander Plantation • Locust Dale, VA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two on Select Dates, Sundays through Thursdays ($387) or Fridays and Saturdays ($465)
- Chocolate Truffles Upon Arrival
- Wine Pairing Class with Take-Home Materials
- Gourmet Multi-Course Dinner for Two
- Tasting Certificates and Maps for Eight Wineries with a Box Lunch for Two
Not all those who wander are lost. In fact, a little Escape now and then is good for the soul. Sneak away to The Inn at Meander Plantation, a majestic colonial inn nestled in the heart of Virginia's Wine Country.
Disappear for a two-night stay for two on select dates, Sundays through Thursdays ($387) or Fridays and Saturdays ($465). Wrap yourself in your complimentary robes and lay atop down pillows on a triple-sheeted, king-size bed as the hand-made chocolate truffles that greeted your arrival vanish one by one. In the morning, lose yourself in a plantation-style breakfast.
Later, take some time to smell the tannins during a wine-pairing class and tasting with take-home materials. Then, settle in to a multi-course gourmet dinner at the inn. The chef-prepared meals are made from locally sourced, farm-fresh ingredients, and the candlelit atmosphere is disorientingly romantic. To ensure your palate is on the right track, the owners double as sommeliers and will offer suggestions for the perfect varietal to pair with each course of your meal.
Hiding back in your individually appointed room, you might want to purchase an hour-long in-room massage, ensuring knots are nowhere to be found.
During the day, ramble toward a nearby horse farm where your innkeepers can schedule a ride on horseback about the grassy meadows and rolling hills of the Virginia countryside. Then roam the grounds of eight local wineries on foot––maps, tasting certificates, and a box lunch for two are provided. Feel free to stray to nearby Fredericksburg for antiquing, or traipse through Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, where you'll be enmeshed in colonial history.
As you rock back and forth on the back porch that overlooks the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, you'll wonder why you don't go missing more often.
"The plantation is gorgeous, serene, and quiet while the inn itself is full of little nooks to nestle in, outdoor respites overlooking picturesque views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, and happy faces ready to greet you at the incredible gourmet breakfasts."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit one per purchaser, up to three additional as gifts
- Limit one voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 10 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Blackout dates are all holidays March 4-6, the months of May and June, July 29- August 2, the month of October, November 20-22, and December 23-27
- Weekend dates are March 2-3; December 7-8, 14-15; January 4-5, 11-12, 18-19, 25-26; February 1-2 and 22-23
- Upgrade to Premier Room (Summer Kitchen and Shearer Suite) for $50 per night; subject to availability at time of booking
- Add wine pairings with dinner at Inn at Meander Plantation for $25 per person
- Based upon double occupancy
- Taxes and gratuities not included
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON February 28, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON February 28, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON February 28, 2013 • Enjoy By February 28, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings