High-Resolution Atop Mount Kilimanjaro
ET African Journeys • Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
- A Nine-Day Expedition for One Guest to Mount Kilimanjaro, April through May and October through November ($3,376) or June through September and December ($4,077)
- Round-Trip Airfare from Dulles Airport via Ethiopian Airlines and Round-Trip Ground Transportation to Hotel and Kilimanjaro National Park
- Five-Day, Four-Night Guided Climb of Mount Kilimanjaro with All Park Fees, Hut Fees, and Rescue Fees Included
- Two Nights at Springlands Hotel in Moshi
- Six Breakfasts, Five Lunches, and Four Dinners
Photographs help us imagine the most exotic travel experiences, but they're no substitute for the real deal. If you're tired of living through the glossy pages of National Geographic, picture this week's Escape to Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania, courtesy of ET African Journeys.
Your nine-day trip for one guest features a five-day, four-night guided climb of Mount Kilimanjaro, as well as round-trip airfare from Dulles Airport via Ethiopian Airlines; an airport meet and greet and round-trip ground transportation to your hotel and Kilimanjaro National Park; two nights at Springlands Hotel; six breakfasts, five lunches, and four dinners; and all park fees, hut fees, and rescue fees. Travel April through May or October through November ($3,376*), or visit June through September or in December ($4,077*).
After your overnight flight from Washington, DC, and connecting flight from Addis Ababa, you'll arrive at Kilimanjaro International Airport, where you'll be snapped up and transported to Springlands Hotel in Moshi. That afternoon, sharpen your focus during a climb briefing, then rest up for the journey up Africa's tallest mountain.
In the morning, head to the Kilimanjaro National Park gate, where you'll begin with a hike through pristine forest to reach the Mandara hut clearing. Gain some perspective with an excursion to the Maundi Crater, or angle for an afternoon of relaxation in the lush surroundings.
The next three days comprise the bulk of your photo shoot. First, you'll trek through the forest and into grassy moorland, before reaching Horombo, where you'll capture the sunset from above the clouds. Then traverse the alpine desert between Mawenzi and Kibo before reaching the Kibo hut.
Shutter your eyes early, because you'll wake at 1 a.m. for the final frame—a torch-lit hike to Gilman's Point in time to catch the sunrise. If your roll is full, exhale and admire the birds-eye view; however, if you're still scouting for that once-in-a-lifetime shot, continue on a three-hour round-trip push to Uhuru Peak, Kilimanjaro's icy summit.
Once you've seen the world through a new lens, head back down the mountain, spending the night in Horombo before returning to Moshi for your last night at Springlands Hotel. The following afternoon, board your flights back to Washington, DC. If you hate to crop your time in Tanzania, inquire about an optional three-night safari extension ($1,199 April through May; $1,339 June through December).
Your vacation photo album will get a major upgrade after climbing Mount Kilimanjaro, so make it snappy—this week's Escape will be gone in a flash.
*Price based on double occupancy. Add $120 for single-occupancy stays.
"Africa’s highest peak and one of the continent’s magnificent sights... rising from cultivated farmlands on the lower levels, through lush rainforest to alpine meadows, and finally across a barren lunar landscape to the twin summits of Kibo and Mawenzi."-- Lonely Planet
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- All bookings must be made at least 60 days prior to departure; subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Air, fuel surcharge and applicable taxes are included in the package
- Single person supplement is $120 and must be confirmed at booking
- Safari can be extended three nights and the additional fee is $1,199 for April and May and is $1,339 from June to December
- Voucher includes round-trip airfare from Dulles airport via Ethiopian Airlines and round-trip ground transportation to hotel and Kilimanjaro National Park, a five-day, four-night guided climb of Mount Kilimanjaro, two nights at Springlands Hotel in Moshi, six breakfasts, five lunches, and four dinners
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- The deal is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- PROMOTIONAL VALUE VALID ONLY FOR THE DATE RANGE SELECTED AT TIME OF PURCHASE
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 31, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 31, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 31, 2012 • Enjoy By December 31, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings