The Spout of Youth on Orcas Island
Orcas Suites at Rosario • Eastsound, WA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a One-Bedroom Suite
- $20 Dining Credit at The Mansion Restaurant at Rosario Resort
- $20 Whale-Watching Credit for a Reservation for Two with Deer Harbor Charters
- Bottle of Cider Upon Arrival
When Seattle shipbuilding legend Robert Moran moved to Rosario on Orcas Island in 1903, he had nearly worked himself to death and was given just a few years to live. We can't make any promises about a fountain of youth, but we do know that after anchoring in Rosario, the guy lived another 40 years.
Dock up for two nights of relaxation and rejuvenation for two with this week's Escape to the Orcas Suites at Rosario ($299). You'll be treated to a welcome bottle of cider as you settle into your one-bedroom suite, fit with a fireplace, Jacuzzi tub, and a balcony that overlooks Cascade Bay and East Sound.
Orcas Suites is set on the largest island on the San Juan archipelago, home to one of the highest concentrations of American bald eagles in the lower 48 states. If you're looking for scenery, lace up your shoes. Your getaway home neighbors 5,000 forested acres of Moran State Park (donated by ol' Robby Mo himself). Or, if you'd rather leave walking to the workweek, Mount Constitution (2,409 feet) is only a 15-minute drive away and offers the best view on the island.
The San Juans also boast excellent whale watching, so while you're here, mix in a little surf with your turf exploration and take $20 off a whale-watching reservation for two with Deer Harbor Charters, which has been operating tours from the same spot for three decades.
After becoming one with your inner naturalist, refuel in elegance with a $20 dining credit at The Mansion Restaurant at Rosario Resort next door, where you can shove off with an order of Buck Bay oysters served on the half shell, before settling in with an entrée of wild king salmon served with wild rice, herb-crusted white beans, and charred tomatoes.
With this week's Escape, discover what Robert Moran did a century ago: Leave your work at port and it's smooth sailing from there.
"Eastsound ... is a sort of Nantucket of the West, with a style a bit more Birkenstock than Sperry Top-Sider. As the largest city on the largest island in the archipelago, Eastsound is a good jumping-off point for exploring the San Juans."-- National Geographic Adventure
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Please book reservations by May 18, 2012
- Valid for travel April 30 - June 30, 2012
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Voucher includes $20 dining credit at The Mansion restaurant at Rosario Resort, $20 whale-watching credit for a reservation for two with Deer Harbor Charters, and a bottle of cider upon arrival
- Based upon double occupancy
- Children allowed
- Internet access available
- Taxes/Resort fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Offer may be combined to extend stay
- Does not include ferry fare to Orcas Island
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON June 30, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON June 30, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 30, 2012 • Enjoy By June 30, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 53% savings