A Horse Lover's Haven in Georgia Swampland
Newell Lodge • Folkston, GA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in Cottage 1 and a Horseback-Riding Tour for Two ($256)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Four in Cottage 4 and a Horseback-Riding Tour for Four ($302)
- Daily Breakfast
- Daily Golf Cart Rental
- Access to Hot Tub
- 10% Discount on Newell Lodge General Store
Whenever you find yourself trotting in a stress arena, you stay in the race by telling yourself to hay in there until you can Escape. Get back in the saddle of the simple life and gallop out of the gates to Folkston, Georgia, for a two-night stay at the Newell Lodge.
The horse lover's haven in the midst of 60 acres features cozy cottages shaded under sprawling oak trees and Spanish moss—the ideal place for you and a plus one ($256) or three friends ($302) to rein in relaxation.
Tie your four-wheel stallion up in front of your cottage, hop on your rented golf cart, and drop by the lodge's general store to pick up supplies with your ten-percent discount. Once you get a feel for the land, dip your hooves into the hot tub and let the weight of any lingering worries slide off your back.
In the morning, let your nose lead the way to a complimentary breakfast before making your way to the barn, where you'll be matched up with one of 26 horses for a ride on the property's trails.
The next day, brush your mane out of your face and hike the Ridley Island Trail in the Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge. The swamp is an angler's paradise (boasting 39 species of fish) and a paddling trip is a must for any wildlife enthusiast. Okefenokee Adventures offers canoe and kayak rentals in addition to guided motorboat tours.
Later that night, stirr-up a feast in the kitchen and serve your catch of the day—with a side of carrots—for dinner.
When it comes to crisp air, calm surroundings, and carefree fun, this Escape is a treasure trough.
"In addition to horseback riding, you can also hunt on the property and fish nearby. Total peace and quiet. At night it becomes magical when about 40 of the oaks on the property are lighted with tiny lights. This place is a gem."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit one per purchaser, up to one additional as gifts
- Limit one voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Cancellation must be received by the Lodge 72 hours prior to arrival to avoid a cancellation penalty equal to one night's room and tax
- Guest must be 21 or older to make reservation
- Newell Lodge is an Equine Facility
- Pets allowed with restrictions $10 per pet per night, maximum 45 lbs. and they must be on their leash at all times
- Based upon double occupancy
- Taxes are not included and will be collected at redemption
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 31, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 31, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 31, 2012 • Enjoy By December 31, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings