Delightful Den in the San Bernardino Mountains
Pine Knot Guest Ranch • Big Bear Lake, CA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two Adults and Up to Two Children, Sundays through Thursdays from July 1 to August 30 ($169) or April 1 to June 30 or September 3 to 29 ($142)
- Or, a Three-Night Stay for Two Adults and Up to Two Children, Thursdays through Sundays from April 1 to June 30 or September 3 to 29 ($244)
- Sparkling Cider, Chocolates, Fresh Flowers, and Bath Salts
- Towels and Sheets for Guest Pets
Heed the call of the wild, even if roughing it isn't your style. This week's Escape to Pine Knot Guest Ranch at Big Bear Lake—just two hours from downtown Los Angeles—offers the perfect mix of homey comfort and rustic charm.
Home is nothing without family, so bring your mate, up to two cubs, and your canine companion for a two-night stay, Sundays through Thursdays, from July 1 to August 30 ($169) or April 1 to June 30 or September 3 to 29 ($142). To make a weekend of it, visit for three nights, Thursdays through Sundays, from April 1 to June 30 or September 3 to 29 ($244).
Pine Knot's cabin 15, 16, 17, or 18 will provide a cozy, 500-square-foot den, complete with a Jacuzzi and stone fireplace. When you arrive, included sparking cider, chocolates, fresh flowers, and bath salts will greet you, while pet towels and sheets welcome your four-legged family member. Hibernate in a king bed or step out onto the private porch to take a deep breath of mountain air.
For a laid-back day, visit your furry kin at the llama and bunny barn. Finding time to pamper yourself can be hard back home, so seize this opportunity to purchase an in-cabin massage by Elevations Day Spa. Or, spend the afternoon perusing Pine Knot Village's quaint shops and eateries.
Don't be fooled by Big Bear's domesticated side: this outdoor playground has teeth. "There's so much more to do, from boating, fishing, and hiking to snow sports, mountain biking, and horseback riding," says Frommer's. "The weather is nearly always perfect at this 7,000-foot-plus elevation: if you want proof, ask CalTech, which operates a solar observatory here to take advantage of nearly 300 days of sunshine per year."
Whether you're after a tame retreat or a roaring good time, you'll have your paws full on this week's Escape to the San Bernardino Mountains.
"The setting is gorgeous and the cabins are very clean, comfortable, and nicely furnished and decorated. The bunnies and llamas add a special touch, especially for our children."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Must make reservations no later than September 13, 2012
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit one per purchaser, up to one additional as a gift
- Reservations required ands subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Vouchers include sparkling cider, chocolates, fresh flowers, and bath salts plus towels and sheets for guest pets
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Based upon double occupancy
- Pets allowed for $10/pet/night
- Children allowed
- Taxes/Resort fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Based on occupancy for up to two adults, or two adults and two children
- Valid for cabins 15-18
- Blackout dates include, but not limited to: April 1-16, May 25-27, July 4, Aug 5-9, Aug 31-Sept 2, 2012
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON September 30, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2012 • Enjoy By September 30, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 45% savings