Rewriting Murphys Law in Gold Country
The Victoria Inn • Murphys, CA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays, in the Fireside, Carousel, Opi's Cabin, or Sweetwater Room ($269) or in the Garden House, Eucalyptus Room, Loft on Main, or Creekside Cottage ($420), Plus One 3 p.m. Wine Tasting for Two and One Cooking Class for Two
- Or, a Three-Night Stay for Two, Thursdays through Sundays, in the Fireside, Carousel, Opi's Cabin, or Sweetwater Room with 3 p.m. Wine Tasting for Two ($374)
- Daily Breakfast for Two
- $20 Beverage Credit at the On-Site V Restaurant & Bar
The town of Murphys, perched around 2,000 feet in California Gold Country, is a perennial draw. No longer home to hopeful prospectors and the precious metals that once lured them there, this historic hamlet in Calaveras County is now ripe with wine bars, sophisticated restaurants, and a surprisingly robust arts scene.
Stake your own claim in one of the Coolest Small Towns in the USA (says Budget Traveler) with this week's Escape to The Victoria Inn, tucked into the foothills off Highway 4 between Lake Tahoe and Yosemite National Park.
Enjoy a two-night stay for two, Sundays through Thursdays, in the Fireside, Carousel, Opi's Cabin, or Sweetwater Room ($269) or in the spacious Garden House, the enchanting Eucalyptus Room, the airy Loft on Main, or the secluded Creekside Cottage ($420).
We won't blame you for wanting to stay longer: Opt instead for a three-night stay for two, Thursdays through Sundays, in the Fireside, Carousel, Opi's Cabin, or Sweetwater Room ($374).
In addition to daily breakfast for two, you'll receive a $20 beverage credit to spend at the on-site V Restaurant & Bar. All stays include an exclusive 3 p.m. wine tasting for two in a private room at Newsome-Harlow Wines—paired with an array of appetizers—and two-night stays, in addition to the wine tasting, will enjoy a 3 p.m. cooking class on one of the days.
Rooms at this 20-year-old B&B are an eclectic mix, all decorated in a charming Miner's Exchange style. Some come with queen sleigh beds and clawfoot bathtubs, while others boast stately king beds and two-person soaking tubs. All are sumptuously appointed with luxurious linens and offer modern amenities like Wi-Fi.
Dinner at V, a white-tablecloth affair in the homey yet upscale confines of the inn, features a handful of starters like Oregon chanterelles with Humboldt Fog goat cheese, plus five or six entrées like pan-roasted duck breast with bacon-chestnut bread pudding.
During the day, head for the hills for a tour of the old mines and a hike among the Sierras' rocky promontories and evergreens. Or, swirl and sip your way through the region's more than 20 wineries.
While Murphy's Law says that anything that can go wrong will go wrong, we think it's due for an update. And here, in the Queen of the Sierra, as Murphys is known, things just seem to go right—for the brothers who discovered its $20 million lode in the 1800s and for the influx of retirees and peace-seekers who now call it home.
"Murphys, as never before, is living up to its Gold Rush-coined nickname, 'The Queen of the Sierra.' And there is no end in sight."-- San Francisco Chronicle
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit one per purchaser, up to one additional as a gift
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Vouchers include Daily Breakfast for Two and a $20 Beverage Credit at the On-Site V Restaurant & Bar
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Based upon double occupancy
- Taxes/Resort fees not included; payable directly to the property upon arrival
- Blackout dates include but not limited to: Irish Days, Memorial Weekend Holiday.
- Must be 21 years or older for wine tasting or any alcoholic beverage purchase
- Weekend option must be either a Thursday-Friday-Saturday or Friday-Saturday-Sunday option and will include the private wine tasting on Thursday or Sunday; does not include a cooking class
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON May 31, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON May 31, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON May 31, 2012 • Enjoy By May 31, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 50% savings