Gumshoe Games in the Green Mountains
Austin Hill Inn • West Dover, VT
- A Two-Night Stay for Two, Fridays and Saturdays on May 11 to May 13, May 18 to May 20, June 1 to June 3, June 8 to June 10, June 15 to June 17, or June 22 to 24
- Daily Breakfast for Two
- Character Packet
- Friday-Evening Dessert Reception
- Saturday-Evening Wine-and-Cheese Reception and Four-Course Dinner
Rather than frittering away your nights catching up on old CSI and NYPD Blue reruns, head for the hill—the Austin Hill Inn, that is—and become engrossed in your own murder mystery, where no neighbor can be trusted.
Escape the terror of a life spent eating TV dinners with a two-night Murder Mystery Package for two ($299). Sleep off the suspense in one of 11 rooms—some with fireplaces and balconies—and watch the Green Mountains of West Dover, Vermont, blossom into spring from large, airy windows.
Come on a Friday and stay until Sunday on May 11 to May 13, May 18 to May 20, June 1 to June 3, June 8 to June 10, June 15 to June 17, or June 22 to 24.
"Imagine yourself an eccentric actress or a prestigious director, hobnobbing with... residents in town," says the Inn. "Keep an eye out and ears open for your own town gossip: Names are dropped, rumors fly, tension mounts, and then the person you were last seen with drops dead! Get ready for some fast talking as you attempt to wrangle your way out of becoming the prime suspect."
You'll rise each morning with a home-cooked country breakfast of muffins, sausage, and pancakes.
Use your character packet (one per guest and e-mailed to you prior to your stay) to reveal your role—suspect, murderer, victim, or detective—for the big event. Then, put on your best disguise and ready your poker face to conceal your new persona.
"Mystery weekends have become so popular at this Vermont bed-and-breakfast inn that they're held monthly," says the LA Times, "with visitors coming from as far away as London and California."
Get to know your fellow players with a dessert reception on the first night, and then do your best to decode facial expressions during a wine-and-cheese get together on the second night as you sniff out the villain.
Gather all of your clues for a candlelit four-course dinner in a rustic country setting where the only thing on anyone's mind is finding the culprit. Keep an ear out for shady whispers.
The trip culminates in an arrest, most certainly a detour from your typical getaway. Case closed.
"The inn, in the scenic foothills of the Green Mountains, has 11 guest rooms, with fireplaces and balconies. Mystery weekends began 13 years ago, with guests assuming the roles of suspects, murderers, victims, and investigators.-- Los Angeles Times
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit one voucher per reservation
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Voucher is valid for one of the following dates only 5/11-13, 5/18-20, 6/1-3, 6/8-10, 6/15-17, 6/22-24
- Based on double occupancy
- Taxes and resort fees are not included and will be collected at redemption
- Voucher is non-refundable
- All guests participate in and have specific roles throughout the weekend; this is vital to the success of the weekend
- Merchant cancellation policy applies. If you cancel outside of 30 days then you may rebook your weekend within the proscribed package dates. If you cancel more than 14 days but within 30 days and a date change is requested then a $100 fee will be assessed. If you cancel 14 days or closer to the event date there will be no refunds or date changes
- All deal components must be redeemed during one visit
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON June 24, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON June 24, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 24, 2012 • Enjoy By June 24, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 50% savings