Set Sail on a Tour of India's Hidden Gems
[redacted by UKAUMERCH PII cleanup 2017-02-08] • Cochin, India
- Three Night / Four Day Tour of India for Two
- Two Nights in Tea Plantation Resort
- Private Chauffeur Throughout Trip
- Breakfast Daily
- One Night Stay on a Deluxe Houseboat
- All Meals Aboard Houseboat
- Houseboat Welcome Drinks
- Sightseeing in all Destinations
- English Speaking Tour Guide
Sure the Taj Mahal is said to be the jewel of India but there is so much more to this gem of a country than one man's shrine to his beloved. Set your sails on making the most of a three-night, four-day Escape for two people to India with Lushescapes for $424 (regularly $698).
Arrive in Cochin where you will be met by your trusty English-speaking tour guide and driver in a private car with AC. Hand over your bags and any responsibility you feel for manning the compass and simply enjoy your scenic transfer to Munnar by seeing who can spot the most waterfalls.
En route you will visit Valara, Cheeyappara waterfalls, and Karadippara view point, giving you lots to discuss over dinner when you check into the Cardamom Suite at Glenmore Resort in Munnar. This lovely 4-star resort has tea gardens spread over hundreds of kilometers that look like a lush green carpet protecting the rolling hills. Enjoy a two-night stay in a suite at this plantation resort where you will be treated to breakfast in the morning.
Following the early day refuel your guide will escort you on a plethora of sights and spots one as lovely as the next. Visit Mattupetty lake and dam, Echo Point, Kundale Lake, Blossom Garden, Rajamalai, Eravikulam Wildlife Sanctuary and the highest peak of Munnar where you can see neelgiril thar (mountain goats). Stay again at the Munnar resort and get some rest, you will need it.
On day three, your driver will take you to Alleppey to check into a deluxe houseboat for one night. Your water chariot, the H2K Princess has AC so sit back and relax, and enjoy your welcome drinks as you cruise through paddy fields, coconut lagoons, little islands, narrow canals and the backwaters of Kerala. Stay overnight and enjoy dinner and breakfast aboard this luxury vessel. Make sure to take advantage of the half-off discount on ayurvedic spa treatments during your trip.
Wake up soothed from the swaying of your H20 hotel and get ready to leave for Cochin where you will have time to see the oldest church in India, 500 year old Portuguese homes, Chinese fishing nets, a 16th century Synagogue and even fit in a little shopping to take home more than just sweet memories from your epic trip to India.
Save the Taj for next time as it is Agra-uably one of the world's most loved architectural masterpieces. Instead empress your sweetheart with the lesser known sights and sounds of this lovely land and this week's Escape to India.
"I liked the hotel’s ambiance because it is in the middle of small forests and a cardamom estate. It’s very calm and quiet...[you can really] feel the touch of nature."-- TripAdvisor
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- Multiple vouchers can be purchased
- Offer based on double occupancy (voucher valid for accommodation and services for two person)
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies: cancellations made within 72 hours prior to arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Voucher based on a minimum of 2 people travelling together, must buy one voucher per couple
- Children Policy: maximum of 2 children can stay with the parents in the same room; 0 to 3 years old: free of charge, 3 to 12 years old: 50% of adult price, Above 12 years old: full price applicable
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Airfare not included
- All sightseeing as per the described itinerary
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON September 30, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2012 • Enjoy By September 30, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
or call our concierge at 866-578-2278
- 0% savings