Explore The Beautiful Lancashire Countryside
The Crown at Worthington • Wigan, United Kingdom
- Overnight Stay for Two
- Lancashire Breakfast Each
- Three-Course Meal for Two
Wigan is home to the annual World Pie Eating Championships and in 2010 Neil Collier broke a new world record by eating a pie in 23.91 seconds. If city life is baking your head then steak out The Crown at Worthington's offer of an overnight stay for two for £64 (up to a £129.60 value).
You don't need to earn a huge crust to treat yourself to the unique country inn in that lies nestled in the beautiful Lancashire countryside; expect a warm welcome as the proprietors Tracy and Daniel show you to your tastefully furnished en suite room, which boasts a power shower, colour TV, and free Wi-Fi.
As you're in the culinary capital of the North, you'll want to get your fill when it comes to local delicacies. As well as a Lancashire breakfast, you can enjoy a three-course meal in the inn's restaurant, where you'll tuck into such sumptuous dishes as a chicken liver and pork pâté served with a toasted brioche and Cumberland sauce, a beef stroganoff made with strips of locally reared and traditionally butchered meat doused in paprika brandy with a wonderfully authentic Bakewell tart that comes with Chantilly cream. The bar also serves a wide selection of real ale and has won six awards from CAMRA recognising the quality of their ales.
If you're fit to burst after all of this then pay a visit to Chorley's famous Astley Hall Museum and Art Gallery; known locally as the 'jewel in Chorley's crown', the fascinating building features in Simon Jenkins' book of 'Britain's Best 1,000 Houses'.
Stick this Escape in the oven and set the timer's dial to the 'Buy Now' button before it burns to a crisp.
''With world-class events and attractions, yet steeped in centuries-old heritage and legendary folklore, England's Lancashire and Blackpool truly offer a slice of life to suit all tastes.''-- Visit Lancashire
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- One voucher is valid for two people
- Limit one voucher per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by 5 August 2012
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Deal based on double occupancy in a standard room
- Voucher includes Lancashire breakfast each and three-course meal (excluding the fillet) for two (£3 supplement will be charged for the mixed Grill, duck, 200 gr. sirlion and ribeye)
- Not valid on holidays
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON August 5, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON August 5, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON August 5, 2012 • Enjoy By August 5, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 51% savings