Set Sail for the Shores of Antigua
Nonsuch Bay • St. Phillips, Antigua
- A Four- ($729) or Six-Night ($999) Stay for Two Guests in a One-Bedroom Apartment
- Or, a Four- ($1,279) or Six-Night ($1,799) Stay for Up to Four Guests in a Two-Bedroom Apartment
- Daily Full Breakfast
- One-Day Sailing Pass and One-Hour Private Group Sailing Lesson
- Snorkeling Trip
When you're steering your travels toward a future trip, the easiest port is one on the water: It bobs blissfully between a sanctuary on warm sands and splashes of adventure. Hoist your sails with this state of mind when you Escape to Nonsuch Bay on the shores of Antigua.
Drop anchor on a four- ($729) or six-night ($999) stay for two guests in a one-bedroom apartment, or throw a rope around a four- ($1,279) or six-night ($1,799) stay for up to four guests in a two-bedroom apartment. Once all hands are on deck, scan the horizon from this 40-acre resort overlooking the Caribbean Sea.
Set on the crest of Hughes Point, the full-service resort blends striking colonial architecture with casual furnishings to create a space that's understatedly elegant. Kick off your topsiders and cross the hardwood floor to view Nonsuch Bay from your private veranda. Then, point your compass around the rest of the apartment, which features high ceilings in the living room, sleek appliances in the kitchen, and a separate Jacuzzi in the bathroom.
Skip to the resort's secluded beach, and let the trade winds blow through your hair during a stroll on the white sand. After swimming in the high seas, head for shallow water with an evening dip in one of the infinity pools.
In the morning, cast off to the resort's restaurant for a locally inspired, complimentary breakfast before boarding a sailboat for a one-hour private group lesson with Avocet Sailing. You'll earn your nautical stripes alongside sailor Leslie Martin and his staff as you cruise the warm waters of the protected bay.
"The sailing is staffed by a team of experts who are dedicated to giving you the best time on the water, whether you want improvement, beginner's instruction, racing, cruising—hairy or sedate, competitive or not," says the Daily Mail. "The main fleet includes the highly successful RS range of boats (for yachties, that is everything from the 24-foot RS Elite keelboats to the ten-foot Tera), all in immaculate condition. There are some Hobie Cats too for the real speed-merchants."
Spend the next day steadying your sea legs with an included one-day sailing pass, which gives you access to any of the resort's boats (there are more than 20 boats and six different types). On one day during your trip, you'll be taken by motorboat to Green Island, an uninhabited island with pristine white sand, where you can snorkel the coral reef and see fins of vibrant fish flutter like sails.
Ordering dinner at the resort's restaurant makes decision-making hard, so go overboard and try more than a few fusion dishes from chef Mitchell Husbands (named Caribbean Chef of the Year in 2011).
On your last full day on the island, venture to the English Harbour, where you can meander through the swashbuckling attractions of Nelson's Dockyard and scan the sea from the heights of Shirley Heights Lookout.
Catch wind of this Escape, and float away on a sun-drenched fantasy.
"Tiny Antigua, 14 miles long and 11 miles wide, is one of those famously paradisiacal islands that actually lives up to the hype. Pristine beaches fleck the coastline, and everywhere you look there is yet another exhilarating view."-- The New York Times
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must be made by August 15
- Last arrival date is November 26, 2012
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 42 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Airfare not included
- Nights must be used consecutively
- Taxes and service charge at a combined rate of 22.5% are not included and will be collected at booking
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 2, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 2, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 2, 2012 • Enjoy By December 2, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 50% savings