Where North Meets South near Louisville
Mansion Row Inn • New Albany, IN
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in the Abraham Lincoln, Florence Nightingale, or Ralph Waldo Emerson Room
- $10 to Spend at Strandz Salon & Threadz Boutique
- One Dessert at La Bocca Italian Restaurant
- $5 to Spend at Hobknobb Roasting Co.
In the Mason-Dixon days, a stone fence separated the Yankees from the good ol' boys. Today, North and South are muddled, yet their respective contributions to Americana remain distinct. One of the best places to sample a bit of both: New Albany, Indiana, an antebellum boom town on the Kentucky border.
On the eve of its bicentennial, New Albany is as charming as it was when the state's wealthiest denizens took up residence here on Mansion Row, erecting decadent homes in the Victorian, Greek Revival, and Italianate styles. One such immaculately maintained relic: the Mansion Row Inn.
This six-room Victorian bed and breakfast is offering a two-night stay for two in the Abraham Lincoln, Florence Nightingale, or Ralph Waldo Emerson rooms ($169). You'll also get $10 to spend at Strandz Salon & Threadz Boutique, one dessert at La Bocca Italian Restaurant, and $5 to spend at Hobknobb Roasting Co.
Each room at this historic house on Main Street is appointed with a queen-size bed (plus a canopy in the Lincoln and Nightingale rooms), a Jacuzzi tub, TV with DVD player, and a host of antique touches. Most rooms also come with an interesting backstory, and the Emerson Room boasts a full kitchen.
Stroll down Mansion Row, just outside the inn, for a taste of New Albany circa 1860, when it was the state's largest and wealthiest city. Next, cash in on your included discounts—La Bocca serves a sprawling menu of Italian classics, Hobknobb offers artisanal coffee that could hold its own in Seattle, and Strandz would make any Manhattanite feel at home with hip haircuts and soothing spa treatments. How very cosmopolitan.
And with Louisville just across the river, a nip of Southern comfort (three fingers of bourbon at Jockey Silks; grits at Lilly's) is just a bridge away. You can also make a tee time at the par-70 Shawnee Golf Course, splayed out on the banks of the river.
While North-South conflict in New Albany has gone the way of muskets and stovepipe hats, its Mason-Dixon roots are evident at every turn. Celebrate history—and American unity—with this week's Escape.
For additional information visit Mansion Row Inn on Facebook.
"My family and I spent Derby weekend at Mansion Row Inn. Landon and the whole family are inviting, charming, and perfect hosts. The rooms are fantastic, the beds comfortable, breakfast times flexible (to meet our schedule) and delicious!"-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required; subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Based upon double occupancy
- Blackout dates: all major holidays and the Kentucky Derby 2012 (Friday, May 4 - Saturday, May 5, 2012)
- Voucher cannot be combined with any other discounts, vouchers, or gift certificates
- Upgrade to a larger suite for $40 per stay; subject to availability at time of booking
- Sales tax not included and will be collected at redemption
- Includes $10 to spend at Strandz & Threadz Boutique & Salon, One dessert at La Boca Italian Restaurant ($6 value), $5 to spend at Bogo at Hob Knob Cofee Shop
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Valid for Abraham Lincoln, Florence Nightengale or Ralph Waldo Emmerson Room only
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON August 31, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON August 31, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON August 31, 2012 • Enjoy By August 31, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 50% savings