Spa Break Following in Royal Footsteps
The Manor House • West Auckland, United Kingdom
- Overnight Stay for Two People in Standard Room
- Full English Breakfast Each
- Bottle of Wine for Guests Dining in Restaurant
- One Spa Treatment Per Person
- Full Use of Leisure Facilities
- Early 1 p.m. Check-in and Late 1 p.m. Checkout
When King Henry VIII fancied a little 'me time' he pottered off to County Durham for a spot of hunting, where he resided at The Manor House. Two Escapees can bag a royal night away in the grand hotel for just £99 (up to a £206.95 value).
You don't need blue blood to enjoy the Grade I-Listed hotel that is a true jewel in County Durham's crown; the friendly and courteous staff will show you to your Standard Room which comes with an LCD TV so that you can catch up with The Tudors. There will be no hanging around, as an early check-in of 1 p.m. is included.
Running a country must be tough work, so whether you're a king, queen, or lowly serf, one person can recieve a back, neck, and shoulder massage while another enjoys a facial with a trained professional who will bow down on one knee to all your relaxation needs. The fantastic leisure facilities are at your disposal should you want to blow off a little steam; with a beautiful swimming pool, sauna, and spa bath to soak in after working out in the well-equipped fitness suite, you'll be sure to return to reign with an iron fist.
Visit the prince of wizardry, Harry Potter's wizarding world, otherwise known as Alnwick Castle. For a touch more history, don't miss out on Beamish Museum, the open air living museum that recreates the life of the people of the north east in the 1800s and 1900s. If you want to get in touch with nature, a visit to the spectacular and powerful High Force Waterfall at Forest-in-Teesdale will wash any remaining cobwebs away.
If you've worked up a hunger on your travels, then look no further than the hotel restaurant, which has just been awarded with the Taste Durham accreditation and offers a truly majestic menu. Favourite dishes include wild boar terrine served with cranberry port wine chutney and toasted rosemary olive bread with slow roasted belly pork accompanied by soft goat's cheese sweet potato puree and spiced pears in a cider cream. Guests choosing to dine in the restaurant will receive a bottle of wine to complement the tasty meal.
You won't have to return to your kingdom at the crack of dawn, as your stay includes a late checkout of 1 p.m., giving you plenty of time to enjoy your full English breakfast.
This Escape could be your crowning achievement—you'd be off your head to miss out.
''The Manor House Hotel puts every effort into making sure each and every guest is treated with a very personal welcome. The food only serves to complement the beautiful surroundings.''-- The Gourmet Society
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- One voucher is valid for two people
- Limit one voucher per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by 26 July 2012
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Deal based on double occupancy in a standard room; upgrades available, enquire when booking
- Voucher includes full English breakfast each, bottle of wine for guests dining in restaurant, back, neck, and shoulder massage for one person and facial for one person, full use of leisure facilities and early 1 p.m. check-in and late 1 p.m. checkout
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Please contact merchant directly, within 30 days of voucher-issue, for information on any special assistance required including disabled access - if the merchant's arrangements are not adequate for your requirements, LivingSocial will be happy to issue a refund under our standard cancellation policy
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON July 26, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON July 26, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON July 26, 2012 • Enjoy By July 26, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 52% savings