Rustic and Refined in the Canadian Badlands
Rocking R Guest Ranch • Strathmore, Canada
- A Two-Night Stay for Two between May 14 and June 30, or between September 5 and December 31, in the Hitch'n Post Cabin
- Daily Continental Breakfast for Two
- One Dinner Theater Ticket to the Rosebud Theatre
- Combine Up to Two Vouchers for a Total Four-Night Stay
A three-month backpacking odyssey through southern India is all well and good—if you're on a soul-searching mission to find yourself. But when two nights are all you have to spare, the wild Canadian Badlands are more than enough to satisfy your wanderlust.
Unplug and drive 45 minutes east of Calgary to a scenic setting near Strathmore, where the Rocking R Guest Ranch is offering a two-night stay for two between May 14 and June 30, or between September 5 and December 31 ($299).
In addition to your cozy accommodations in the Hitch'n Post Cabin, one of two cottages on the property, you'll get daily continental breakfast for two and one dinner theatre ticket to the current production at the Rosebud Theatre.
Winner of up! magazine's 2010 Value Award for the Top-Voted Hotel in Canada, the Hitch'n Post offers views of Eagle Lake below and the Canadian Rockies in the distance, all from your front porch. Inside, snuggle up by the wood-burning fireplace in a hand-hewn wood chair, or tuck into luxe linens in your queen-size bed. The large bathroom, meanwhile, boasts a walk-in shower. And with a snack kitchen equipped with a fridge, microwave, toaster, and coffee maker, you can stock up on groceries before your stay. There's even a barbecue on which to grill up meals, and mornings begin with a continental breakfast basket delivered to your door.
Just 35 minutes from the ranch, the hamlet of Rosebud is a tiny, picturesque community of just 88 residents, but it's home to a larger-than-life arts community that attracts more than 40,000 visitors each year. Dine in for a meal and stage performance at the 220-seat Rosebud Theatre (one ticket is included with your Escape) for one of four upcoming shows, including "Anne of Green Gables" and "Tuesdays with Morrie."
And while we can't guarantee you'll find yourself—spiritually—in the Badlands, we can't help but think that maybe, just maybe, you'll have a soul-soothing two days outside of the city. Hey, 38 out of 38 reviewers on TripAdvisor can't be wrong: This is five-star livin'.
"Head to Strathmore, about 50 km east of Calgary, to the Rocking R Guest Ranch and you'll find a piece of heaven. Marvin and Terri Kinsman have created a place that perfectly matches the rugged beauty that surrounds it."-- up! Magazine
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- Guests must make hotel reservation directly with the property by December 20, 2012
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Based upon double occupancy
- Taxes not included; payable directly to the property
- Up to two vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Guests may upgrade to a larger cottage ($80 upgrade fee) with property at the time of making reservations
- Blackout dates are: July 01-September 4, 2012
- Additional dinner theatre tickets can be purchased for $67.50 per ticket
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 31, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 31, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 31, 2012 • Enjoy By December 31, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
• Prices listed in Canadian dollars
- 50% savings