Dreaming with Darwin in the Galapagos
Classic Escapes • Galapagos, Ecuador
- A Ten-Day Trip with an Expert Zoo Guide to Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands for One Guest, Including:
- Round-Trip Airfare from Miami and Between Destinations
- Three Nights at the Hilton Colon Quito, Five Nights Aboard the M/V Santa Cruz, and One Night at Oro Verde Guayaquil
- Daily Breakfast and All Meals Aboard M/V Santa Cruz
- Local Guides Throughout, Expert Naturalists Aboard M/V Santa Cruise, and a Zoo or Aquarium Escort for Groups of 15 or More Travelers
Peeping through nooks of boulder-framed shoreline, and sliding beneath turquoise lagoons, the hulking 600-pound tortoises of the Galapagos Islands—an unspoiled ecosystem with more than 95 percent of its original biodiversity intact—treat beach-bound humans as an afterthought.
Escape to Darwin's utopia under the guidance of an American zoological expert with a ten-day getaway to Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands for one guest from Classic Escapes, with included round-trip airfare from Miami with LAN Airlines.
Choose from seven tour dates, each accompanied by a different ecological expert from one of seven zoos or aquariums around the United States.*
To begin your journey, you'll jet from Miami to history-rich Quito, Ecuador. During your stay in the second highest capital in the world—towering at an altitude close to 9,000 feet—you'll take residency in the recently renovated Hilton Colon Quito. While recovering from your journey, sip on a local cocktail like the Ecuaton, a blend of tree tomato and Trópico, from Bar La Pinta in the restaurant's modern interior.
A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Quito's colonial quarter is the largest and best preserved in South America. During your included walking tour, you'll take in magnificent views of the city, while strolling through the cobbled streets to sites like the Monastery of San Francisco, with its impressive facade and Baroque-style interior.
After three-days in the city known as Luz de América (Light of America), you'll fly to either Puerto Baquerizo Moreno or Baltra Island, where you'll set off on a cruise of the Galapagos aboard the M/V Santa Cruz—the only ship built exclusively for exploring the Islands—in an air-conditioned cabin with all meals included.
While exploring sites like Sante Fe Island, home of the famous Darwinian finches, and Fernandina Island, a haven for Galapagos penguins, your expert advisors will provide plenty of commentary during your frequent wildlife encounters. "Nowhere else can you engage in a staring contest with wild animals and lose," says Lonely Planet.
On day nine, after awaking in your bed at The Hotel Oro Verde—a five-star property in Guayaquil—you'll have a full day to explore at your leisure before departing for Miami in the evening.
Whether it's the enigmatic Galapagos Islands that attract you, or it's Ecuador's exotic capital—food, drink, customs, language, and all—this week's Escape is a natural selection.
For additional information, view the Classic Escapes full itinerary.
*The National Aquarium DC, July 31 to August 10 ($4,897); Tennessee Aquarium, August 28 to September 7 ($4,690); Lincoln Children's Zoo, September 16 to 26 ($4,690); Louisville Zoo, October 9 to 19 ($4,690); Jacksonville Zoo, November 6 to 16 ($4,690); The Living Desert, December 4 to 14 ($4,690); or Capron Park Zoo, December 9 to 19 ($4,690).
"An ecological wonderland of largely endemic wildlife, the Galápagos inspired Charles Darwin's theory of natural selection long before the cruise ships arrived. This archipelago of 19 volcanic islands is noted for its fearless wildlife."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Reservations must be confirmed by May 20 for options A and B, all other dates must be confirmed by June 15
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Fuel surcharges and airline taxes are included
- Voucher does not include resort and entrance fees of $250 or the $25 airport departure tax from Ecuador and will be collected
- All pricing is based on double occupancy on main and upper deck cabins; single room supplement is an $1,475 per person
- Voucher includes three nights at the Hilton Colon Quito, five nights aboard the M/V Santa Cruz, and one night at Oro Verde Guayaquil, daily breakfast and all meals aboard M/V Santa Cruz, local guides throughout, expert naturalists aboard M/V Santa Cruise, and a zoo or aquarium escort for groups of 15 or more travelers
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- The deal is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- PROMOTIONAL VALUE VALID ONLY FOR THE DATE RANGE SELECTED AT TIME OF PURCHASE
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 19, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 19, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 19, 2012 • Enjoy By December 19, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 37% savings