The Best of New West
Inn at the Quay • New Westminster, Canada
- A One- ($110) or Two-Night ($195) Stay for Two in a Quay Queen Room, Any Day of the Week between June 14 and August 31, or Fridays through Sundays and Holiday Mondays between September 1 and October 8
- One-Night Stays Include a Box of Hagensborg Chocolates
- Two-Night Stays Include a Five-Dish Food Crawl at the River Market and One Bottle of Wine Upon Arrival
Vancouver's got nothing on New Westminster. As Western Canada's oldest city and British Columbia's first capital, New West, as locals call it, claims a piece of national history that neither Vancouver nor Victoria can. Okay, so Vancouver quickly usurped it as the region's major metropolis, and Victoria eventually won out as British Columbia's capital, but it's easy to see why New West was the original hot spot.
Set on the quiet banks of the Fraser River, steps from the boardwalk and near the city's historical neighborhoods, the chic and luxurious Inn at the Quay is true New West. It's also just minutes from Vancouver, named Best City in the Americas three years in a row by Condé Nast Traveler.
Take a trip to where it all began with this week's Escape: a one- ($110) or two-night ($195) stay for two in a Quay Queen Room, any day of the week between June 14 and August 31, or Fridays through Sundays and holiday Mondays between September 1 and October 8.
Two-night stays also include access to a five-dish food crawl at the boardwalk-bound River Market, plus a bottle of wine upon arrival, while one-night stays will receive a box of artisanal Hagensborg Chocolates. Both options come with ten percent discounts at a host of businesses around town.
Start your day with a cup of in-room coffee or tea. Quay Queens also feature a pillow-top mattress, a custom-art headboard, views of the river, Wi-Fi, and an LCD flat-screen, plus Cutler Salon bath products and a plush robe.
At the five-dish food crawl at River Market—whose bottom line is locally sourced, sustainably raised food—you might find yourself indulging in soulful eats at Re-Up BBQ, licking your spoon at Tre Galli Gelato Caffe, or slurping noodles at Wild Rice.
In Vancouver, pop into the clothing and jewelry boutiques lining Robson Street; take a walk over the 450-foot-long, 230-foot-high Capilano Suspension Bridge, which leads to a bounty of hiking trails; and finish the day watching the sunset on Third Beach in Stanley Park.
We take it back: Vancouver does have everything. Well, almost everything. But combined with your luxe perch at the Inn, some of the region's best local cuisine, a laid-back suburban vibe to return to, and a whole lot of British Columbia history, you'll have it all on this week's Escape.
"This hotel is indeed a gem in the city. Every room has a riverfront view, [is] well-equipped ... and yes, it has a balcony overlooking the river and the dock."-- TripAdvisor
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- Guests must make hotel reservation directly with the property by August 31, 2012
- Valid for travel starting June 14, 2012
- Limit 2 per purchaser, up to 1 additional as gifts
- Limit 1 per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Based upon double occupancy
- Taxes/Resort fees not included; payable directly to the property upon redemption
- Guests may book additional nights or upgrade their room type directly with property at the time of making their reservations for an additional fee payable directly to the property
- Blackout dates are: July 7th, July 21st, July 28th, August 9th-11th, August 25th, September 22nd
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON October 8, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON October 8, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON October 8, 2012 • Enjoy By October 8, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
• Prices listed in Canadian dollars
- 45% savings