Experience a Day in Majestic York
The Queen's Hotel • York, United Kingdom
- Overnight Midweek Stay for Two with Upgrade to Superior River View Room (Subject to Availability)
- Bottle of House Wine if Dining in the Hotel Restuarant
York is famous for many things—the Roman heritage, the leaning Medieval houses of the Shambles, the imposing York Minster—but fewer know that York is a city partly built upon chocolate.
If you and your sweetheart fancy a romantic break in one of the UK's most charming cities, unwrap an overnight stay for two from Sunday to Thursday in The Queen's Hotel for £59 (up to a £121.50 value). Once you've settled into your comfortable Superior River View room overlooking the Ouse, your location right in the heart of the city means all of York's remarkable history, not to mention its top-notch shopping hotspots, are on the doorstep. And if you choose to dine on a main course each in the hotel restaurant, you'll also receive a bottle of house wine.
After a hearty breakfast, you'll feel like a kid in a sweetshop as you consider what to indulge yourself with first. A stroll along the ancient city walls still provides a stunning aspect of the town under the shadow of York Minster—one of Europe's largest cathedrals and a Gothic monument as awe-inspiring as it is renowned. If you want to learn more about York's history, the Jorvik Viking Centre illuminates the city's encounters with marauders from across the sea; or take a stroll down the leaning lane of old butcher's quarter the Shambles, one of the UK's best preserved medieval streets and now home to bars, eateries, and shops.
But if you haven't indulged your sweet tooth quite enough, take the Chocolate Trail and find out how if it hadn't bean for York, the UK might never have have discovered it's love for cocoa.
Chocolate on the brain? Then get those endorphins flowing and bite off a chunk of this Escape.
"A city of extraordinary cultural and historical wealth, [York's] medieval spider’s web of narrow streets is enclosed by a magnificent circuit of 13th-century walls."-- Lonely Planet
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- One voucher is valid for two people
- Limit one voucher per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by 31 August 2012
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Valid Sunday to Thursday only
- Not valid June 3-7
- Deal based on double occupancy in a superior river view room: this upgrade must be booked at time of booking and is subject to availability
- Voucher includes breakfast and bottle of house wine if dining on a main course each in the hotel restaurant
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Please contact merchant directly, within 30 days of voucher-issue, for information on any special assistance required including disabled access - if the merchant's arrangements are not adequate for your requirements, LivingSocial will be happy to issue a refund under our standard cancellation policy
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON August 31, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON August 31, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON August 31, 2012 • Enjoy By August 31, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 51% savings