From Water to Wine in Western Nevada
Historian Inn • Gardnerville, NV
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a Superior Room, Bottle of Champagne, Souvenir Wine Glasses, Two Wine Tastings at Buona Sera Ristorante & Bar, and Late Checkout ($119)
- Or, a One-Night Stay for Two in a Superior Room, Two Admissions to the Carson Valley Museum & Cultural Center and Dangberg Home Ranch Historic Park, Two Packed Lunches with Souvenir Cooler Bag, Two Appetizers at Buona Sera Ristorante & Bar, and One On-Demand Movie ($132)
- Continental Breakfast
- Use of Bikes
As they say, there's something in the water. Just 20 miles from both Lake Tahoe and Topaz Lake, set on the banks of the East Fork of the Carson River in the shadow of the snow-capped Sierra Nevadas, Gardnerville, Nevada, owes much of its beauty and prosperity to H2O.
Drink it all in with this week's Escape to the newly remodeled Historian Inn, in the green and vibrant Carson Valley. Spend $119 for the Wine Lovers Package—a one-night stay for two in a Superior Room, plus champagne and souvenir glasses, wine tasting vouchers, and late checkout.
Or, choose the Road Trippin' Package: a one-night stay for two in a Superior Room with two admissions to the Carson Valley Museum & Cultural Center and the Dangberg Home Ranch Historic Park, plus two lunches in a souvenir cooler bag, two appetizers from Buona Sera Ristorante & Bar, and an on-demand movie ($132).
Either way, complimentary chocolate will satisfy your sweet tooth before you retire to your triple-sheeted king-size bed with luxurious linens and a cozy Egyptian cotton comforter. As comfy as the bed is, the inn's fresh-roasted coffee and house-made continental breakfast will stir you from your slumber with an eagerness to start the day.
With the wine package, you'll head to Buona Sera Ristorante & Bar, an elegant white-tablecloth affair in Minden, for a flight of red wine, white wine, or a combination of both. Paired with gourmet bites from the kitchen, the two-ounce pours highlight wines from around the world.
Or, if you opt for the historical package, drop in to the Carson Valley Museum & Cultural Center, just down the street from the inn. It's full of murals and historical artifacts from the days of Native peoples and pioneers alike. Then it's off to the Dangberg Home, a scenic six-mile drive from the inn along the river. This historic ranch home, originally built of logs in the late 1800s, once belonged to one of the wealthiest self-made immigrants in the valley who chose the location in part for its fertile soil.
For dinner, tuck into handmade crab-and-lobster ravioli with spinach back at Buona Sera. Complement it with a glass of wine or a cocktail, and indulge your aural palate with live music, offered most weekend nights.
Now those are things to raise a glass to—water or wine.
"Carson Valley is one of the most beautiful and charming areas in northern Nevada. Somehow, it manages to maintain its rural charm despite the growth of the towns of Minden, Gardnerville, and Carson City."-- American Roads Travel Magazine
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit 1 per reservation
- Reservations required 48 hours in advance and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture and a $35 charge may apply
- Vouchers include continental breakfast and use of bikes
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Based upon double occupancy; a $12 charge applies for each additional guest
- Taxes/Resort fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Blackout dates include, but are not limited to, 7/13-7/14, 9/28-9/29, and other holidays and special event dates
- Some holidays and special events may have a minimum night stay requirement
- Pets are allowed with a $20 surcharge
- Wine Lovers package late check out is 1pm
- Buona Sera is closed on Tuesdays
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON October 15, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON October 15, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON October 15, 2012 • Enjoy By October 15, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings