The Splish Splash of a Caribbean Bath
Rincon Beach Resort • Anasco, Puerto Rico
- A Four-Night Stay for Two in a Superior Queen Room, Sundays through Thursdays ($392) or a Four-Night Stay that Includes a Friday and Saturday Night ($492)
- Or, a Six-Night Stay for Two in a Superior Queen Room, Any Days of the Week ($599)
- Two Glasses of Rum Punch
- Combine Unlimited Vouchers for an Extended Stay
When coaxing a friend into warm, inviting water, you might say "C'mon in, it's like a bathtub." But unless your bathtub boasts some of the world's best surfing, diving, snorkeling, kayaking, and whale watching, to say this about the 85-degree waters of Puerto Rico's Bay of Añasco would be slightly inaccurate.
Get away to those very waters with this week's Escape to Rincon Beach Resort, winner of TripAdvisor's 2012 Certificate of Excellence. There, you'll get a four-night stay for two in a Superior Queen Room, Sundays through Thursdays ($392) or a four-night stay for two that includes a Friday and Saturday night ($492). Or, opt for a six-night stay for two in a Superior Queen Room, any days of the week ($599).
You'll stay in a Superior Queen Room—appointed with A/C and a flat-screen TV with cable—and you'll be treated to a one-hour kayak rental, two glasses of rum punch at Splash Bar, and a Rincon beach bag.
After settling in and checking those last-minute e-mails with the complimentary Wi-Fi, amble down to enjoy your rum punch at the swim-up bar in the free-form infinity pool—the ice-cold local beverage is the perfect contrast to your panoramic view of the bath-like waters of the Caribbean.
Commonly referred to as "the surfing capital of the Caribbean," the west coast of Puerto Rico is home to endless world-class surf spots, ranging from mellow beach breaks to ripping point breaks. While lessons are available for beginners, those who want to enjoy the Caribbean without a board have a litany of choices as well. After your kayak rental, try snorkeling in Desecheo National Wildlife Refuge, where some of the clearest water in the world breeds a rainbow of sea life living among the protected coral reefs.
For those who simply want to enjoy the ocean view without getting in, there are endless options, from horseback riding on tropical, seaside trails or exploring Rio Camuy Cave Park (the third-largest cave system in the world) to visiting the Arecibo Observatory—home of the world's largest radio telescope.
Head back to the resort's own Brasas Restaurant, where a 300-bottle wine list complements the fresh seafood and grilled meat dishes that make up some of the best Caribbean-fusion cuisine on the island.
With your belly full and your body tanned, there's nothing like a nice, hot bath at the end of the day—just don't expect it to feel as good as the waters lapping the white sand outside your door.
For additional information, visit Rincon Beach Resort on Facebook.
"It's a bit off the beaten path, but that's part of the allure of this oceanfront resort. The South Seas-style decor begins in the high-ceilinged lobby, where comfy sofas invite you to enjoy the view through the Royal Poinciana trees."-- Read Fodor's Review of Rincon Beach Resort
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Valid for travel 8/15-12/20/2012
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must be booked by September 15, 2012
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours after confirmation applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Blackout dates are 8/31-9/2/12 and 11/22-25/12; a supplement of $75per night (not including taxes and fees) can be paid to travel during those dates and they are subject to availability
- Airfare not included
- Taxes of 9% and resort fee of 9% are not included and will be collected at time of reservation
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 20, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 20, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 20, 2012 • Enjoy By December 20, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 50% savings