A Do-It-Yourself Italian Adventure
Great Value Vacations • Monte Porzio Catone, Italy
- An Eight-Night Self-Guided Tour of Italy for One Guest, with a Two-Night Stay at Hotel Villa Vecchia in Rome, a Four-Night Stay at Fattoria degli Usignoli and Tuscany, and a Two-Night Stay at Park Hotel Bolognese Near Venice
- Round-Trip Flights from JFK for One
- Rental Car
- Wine-Tasting Tours of Two Tuscan Wineries
- Daily Breakfast
From Rome's ancient travertine structures to its ultra-modern museums, Venice's labyrinthine canals to its wide-open squares, and Tuscany's terraced vineyards to its venerated churches, Italy is a rich landscape of culture old and new, refined and wild. Experiencing its many treasures from behind the tinted windows of a tour bus? That would be like wearing socks to the beach.
Wiggle your toes in the proverbial sand of this vast and varied country with this week's Escape: $1,699 for an eight-night driving tour of Italy for one guest, including round-trip airfare from New York's JFK International Airport and a rental car upon arrival in Italy, courtesy of Great Value Vacations.
Choose any time between November 1 and March 31, and visit three of Italy's most renowned regions. You'll get two nights at a hotel in Rome, four nights at a hotel in Tuscany, and two nights at a hotel in Venice (daily breakfast included).
And what better place to begin your roamin' Roman holiday than in, well, Rome? Upon landing at Fiumicino - Leonardo da Vinci Airport, you'll pick up your rental car and zip over to Hotel Villa Vecchia for a two-night stay, with Italian breakfast included. This historic hotel—a TripAdvisor-recommended property with 96 modern rooms, each equipped with Wi-Fi, air conditioning, and electronic safes—is located just outside of the city in nearby Frascati.
Spend your days relaxing on-site at the pool, or hop in your car and go sightseeing. You're just a short drive from central Rome, where ample relics of the ancient city abound, including The Coliseum, Trevi Fountain, and The Forum, to name just a few. Meanwhile, the two-year-old Maxxi, a contemporary art museum, takes visitors into the future with clean black-and-white design and hard-angled architecture.
On day three you'll wind your way three hours north into Tuscany for four nights at the Fattoria degli Usignoli, a 14th-century estate just 25 minutes from Florence. This four-star stunner offers up Tuscan-style rooms with either a balcony or patio, and the hotel boasts an indoor and outdoor pool and an on-site professional cooking school.
Enjoy two included castle wine-tasting tours at the fairy-tale-like Castello di Meleto and award-winning Castello di Verrazzano, and still have plenty of time to visit all of the nearby cities of Sienna, San Gimignano, and Pisa.
The final leg of your tour takes you three hours northeast of Tuscany, where you'll spend two nights at the Park Hotel Bolognese near Treviso, a medieval town surrounded by 16th-century walls. Just 20 minutes from Venice, this spacious four-star hotel puts you in primo position to enjoy all the breathtaking sights of The Canal City, while giving you room to breathe.
You'll end your trip turning over your keys at Venice's Marco Polo Airport before heading back to the US, having unlocked the secret on how to travel through Italy without looking like a tourist.
"This Mediterranean country has made a profound contribution to Western civilization, producing some of the world's greatest thinkers, writers, politicians, saints, and artists."-- Read Fodor's Review of Italy
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Valid for travel November 1 - March 31, 2013
- Pricing is based on two or four people traveling together; supplement for single travelers is an additional $900 per person
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must be confirmed by September 7, 2012
- Not valid on group or existing reservations and may not be combined with any other discount of promotions
- Merchant's normal cancellation policy applies; vouchers are non-refundable once travel has been booked unless Cancel for any Reason Trip Protection plan has been purchased which is available through Great Value Vacations at time of booking
- Blackout dates are December 20-31, 2012
- Weekend surcharge of $25 per person will be applied to Friday and Saturday departures
- Prices include all government taxes and airline fees unless otherwise noted
- When purchasing and gifting vouchers please list name as it is listed on their passport
- Voucher does not include Passport and visa fees (if applicable), gratuities to drivers, local guides, meals and beverages other than specified, personal and baggage insurance, all hotel and lodge taxes, entry fees, and costs for anything not specified
- All deal components must be redeemed during one visit
- The deal is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- PROMOTIONAL VALUE VALID ONLY FOR THE DATE RANGE SELECTED AT TIME OF PURCHASE
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 31, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2013 • Enjoy By March 31, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 23% savings