Sip Away on Virginia's Northern Neck
Historic Lancaster Tavern Bed & Breakfast • Lancaster, VA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two
- Wine Tasting for Two at Good Luck Cellars and The Dog and Oyster
- Bottle of Wine
- Daily Breakfast
- One Appetizer at the Tavern
For most of us, the Chesapeake Bay is the prime place to find Old Bay-caked crabs and briny oysters. But for in-the-know foodies, a stretch of the bay's coast in Virginia brings to mind another indulgence: wine. Get ready to swirl, sniff, and sip your way through this Escape to the Historic Lancaster Tavern Bed & Breakfast, a two century-old B&B that lies in the heart of the Chesapeake Bay Wine Trail.
You and a fellow wine aficionado will cozy up for two nights in an ornately decorated, antiques-filled suite, complete with richly textured fabrics, a plush queen-size bed, and an oversize Jacuzzi. You'll be welcomed with—what else?—a bottle of vino. In the morning, head downstairs for an elegant breakfast featuring organic fruit and locally sourced eggs.
Then, venture out for two included wine tastings. Hit The Dog and Oyster for a taste of their refreshing vidal blanc and robust merlot. At Good Luck Cellars, fill your glass with their tart, cherry-noted "radiant red" chambourcin.
Back at the Tavern, settle in for dinner in the dining room. You'll have an included appetizer—maybe thick lobster bisque, bourbon-glazed shrimp over corn cakes, or classic steamed littleneck clams in garlic, white wine, and butter. Move onto a hulking bone-in pork chop punched up with Vidalia-onion gravy, or a lighter plate of seared scallops with corn-bacon-and-tomato relish.
Next, pick a wine that pairs perfectly, and say cheers to a wonderfully decadent getaway.
"Like one of their delicious recipes, the Tavern delicately and tastefully combines a restaurant, bed and breakfast, art gallery, and historic museum... every corridor, hallway, and staircase leads to yet another beautiful, elegant surprise."-- The House & Home Magazine
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes and resort fees are not included and will be collected at redemption
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Good Luck Cellars is open Thursday through Sundays during the winter season and The Dog and Oyster is open year-round on Thursdays through Mondays
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON October 29, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON October 29, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON October 29, 2013 • Enjoy By October 29, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings