The Next Napa is in Washington
Green Gables Inn • Walla Walla, WA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays ($199) or Fridays and Saturdays ($229), in the Birch Path, Willowmere, or Mayflowers Room
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays ($249) or Fridays and Saturdays ($289), in the Idlewild Suite or Dryad's Bubble
- Daily Gourmet Breakfast
- Signature Green Gables Bottle of Wine Upon Arrival and Assorted Dessert Tray
Just 13 miles north of the Oregon/Washington border lies a place so nice they named it twice: Walla Walla. Still known for its sweet onions and successful agriculture scene, the small town (with just a little more than 30,000 residents) is gaining traction with wine aficionados. Of course, with the oenophiles come the foodies, and with the foodies come, well, a crush of visitors.
It's easy to see why the town is touted as "the next Napa," given there are now more than 100 wineries in the area and the heart of the town has been revamped to include tasting rooms and farm-to-table restaurants nuzzled next to restored Victorian and Beaux-Arts buildings.
Just a short walk from downtown sits the Green Gables Inn, a 1909 Arts and Crafts-style mansion situated on a quiet, tree-lined street just steps from the Whitman College campus. Fireplaces in both sitting rooms, exposed beams and period antiques in the dining room, and rooms inspired by Lucy Maud Montgomery's Anne of Green Gables lend a homey vibe to the property.
Stay for two nights, Sundays through Thursdays ($199) or Fridays and Saturdays ($229), in one of three standard rooms: Birch Path, Willowmere, or Mayflowers. The first two rooms are equipped with either a king- or queen-size bed, private bath with tub and shower, and tranquil tones of green, yellow, brown, and white. Mayflowers, on the other hand, is decidedly floral in design with a queen-size bed and pops of pink and white. For more spacious accommodations with a fireplace and private balcony, opt for a suite—Idlewild or Dryad's Bubble—on Sundays through Thursdays ($249) or Fridays and Saturdays ($289).
In addition to a bottle of signature Green Gables Inn wine upon arrival and a tray of handcrafted desserts, in-house Chef Andi prepares an included gourmet breakfast each morning with local ingredients. And thanks to complimentary tastings at local wineries, you'll be able to see for yourself why the travel industry is touting Walla Walla as the next great wine destination.
"Charming guest rooms, their names derived from Anne of Green Gables, are individually decorated with Victorian antiques. The Idlewild contains a fireplace and private deck, while French doors in Dryad's Bubble lead to a small, private balcony."-- Read Fodor's Review of Green Gables Inn
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit 1 per purchaser, up to 1 additional as a gift
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture and $15 fee applies
- Rates are based on double occupancy
- Blackout dates: December 7 & 8, December 28 - January 2
- Taxes/Resort fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 31, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2013 • Enjoy By March 31, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings