Gastronomic Goodness in Amish Country
Greystone Manor Bed & Breakfast • Bird-In-Hand, PA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two
- Amish Buggy Tour for Two
- Birch Beer with Two Pint Glasses, Fruit and Cheese Tray, and Lancaster County Gift Basket
- Combine Vouchers to Stay for Up to Six Nights
As a regional gastronome, you take great pride in tasting the best of everything. Let Florida have its oranges—you've got the tastiest soft pretzels the country has to offer, the best selection of brews, and a wide array of wines. So why not take some time to get to know their origins?
Sink your teeth into this week's Escape to Lancaster County, where you'll do just that. Spend two nights at the Greystone Manor Bed & Breakfast in Bird-in-Hand, Pennsylvania ($265).
Once you check in anytime from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m., you'll have your pick of rooms (each with private baths) in this Victorian mansion-turned-guesthouse that was voted best valued inn by BedandBreakfast.com. Rooms are outfitted with four-poster beds, antique furniture, and some have hardwood floors.
The innkeepers will make you feel right at home—in true Pennsylvania Dutch fashion—with a fruit and cheese tray delivered to your room upon arrival. Guests also receive a Lancaster County gift basket filled with local goodies like pretzels, pot-pie noodles, apple butter, and jam. There are plenty of delectable diversions to keep your plate full beyond the inn, too.
In the early 19th century, Lancaster County accounted for seven percent of the beer brewed throughout the entire country. At historic outpost Lancaster Brewing Company, you can tour the grounds, then enjoy delicious pub fare with a frothy pint. If you prefer a smoother sip, Twin Brook Winery and Nissley Vineyards & Winery Estate are a short drive away.
With glass half full, set out to explore the area from whence all this bounty comes. Weather permitting, your Escape also includes an Amish buggy tour, so you can ride with ease through the scenic Pennsylvania countryside, making sure to stop at an Amish market and pick up shoofly pie and other regional favorites.
When your expedition is complete, return to Greystone Manor, where your innkeepers will have birch beer and two pint glasses ready and waiting—a fitting end to an appetite-appeasing Escape.
"Everything, from the glorious flowers and grounds to the lovely, relaxing breakfast and gracious hosts, made our stay one we will always treasure—and hope to repeat in the near future."-- BedandBreakfast.com
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Up to 3 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 14 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture and are non-refundable within that period
- Not valid on Veterans Day weekend or any weekend in March
- Taxes and resort fees are not included and will be collected at redemption * Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 29, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 29, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 29, 2013 • Enjoy By March 29, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings