A Symphony for the Senses: Five Days in Puerto Rico
LivingSocial Adventure Tours • San Juan, Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico is a playground for the senses. During the day, abundant Caribbean sunshine will warm your skin while island rum treats your taste buds. Once darkness falls, the slightest touch sets bay waters aglow and a chorus of coquí frogs will sing you to sleep. Nowhere else in the world offers a symphony of sensations like this one, so Escape on a five-day, four-night trip to Puerto Rico with LivingSocial Adventure Tours ($629 per person).*
From your home base at Conrad San Juan Condado Plaza, you'll strike out to experience the very best of the tropical isle. Trek through the mist of El Yunque National Forest, parting dense foliage to reveal crashing waterfalls, then take a nighttime kayak trip on Laguna Grande bioluminescent bay. Millions of microorganisms glow on contact, surrounding your kayak with a halo of light. You'll quench your thirst for culture while wandering the streets of Old San Juan, stopping for a look around Castillo de San Cristóbal and El Morro fortresses. Later, a distillery tour and rum tasting at Casa Bacardi will introduce your palate to a quintessentially Puerto Rican flavor.
Exhilarating. Magical. Jaw-dropping. You'd need a whole dictionary of words to describe an experience like this, but we'll bet the first one that comes to mind is "wow."
*Priced per person based on double occupancy (see fine print).
- A Five-Day, Four-Night Trip to Puerto Rico ($629 Per Person), Including:
- Four Nights in a Double-Occupancy City View Room at Conrad San Juan Condado Plaza
- Four Breakfasts and One Dinner at Guava's Restaurant
- El Yunque National Forest Hike
- Night Kayaking on Laguna Grande Bioluminescent Bay from Yokahú Kayak Trips
- Old San Juan Tour with Passes to Castillo de San Cristóbal and El Morro Fortresses
- Casa Bacardi Distillery Tour and Rum Tasting
- Private LivingSocial Adventure Guide
- Round-Trip Transportation for All Group Activities
- Hotel and Activity Fees Included
- Priced Per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
- Recommended Packing List
Arrive in Condado
You'll kick off the trip by making you way to Conrad San Juan Condado Plaza, your home base for the next four nights. Once you've settled into your City View Room, join your LivingSocial Adventure Guide and fellow travelers at a welcome happy hour at one of the hotel's three bars.
El Yunque National Forest
Rise and shine with an included breakfast, then a professional driver will transport you from the hotel to El Yunque National Forest. As the only tropical forest in the US, El Yunque's balmy climate hosts hundreds of plant and animal species like miniature orchids and the coquí frog—national symbol of Puerto Rico.
You'll get a chance to poke around the gift shop and buy snacks at Yuquiyu Delights before heading out for an afternoon hike. Along your route, stop to admire sights like La Mina Falls, Big Tree Trails, Yokahú Tower, and La Coca Falls.
A two-hour nighttime kayak tour of Laguna Grande bioluminescent bay will come next. Professional guides from Yokahú Kayak Trips will lead your group across the glowing water, which contains millions of microorganisms that emit light when disturbed. Forget about lamps—the electric-blue halo radiating from your kayak provides all the light you'll need.
Wrap up your dazzling day with an included dinner at Guava's Restaurant in Luquillo. Your meal consists of barbecue burgers with fries and Caribbean coleslaw or red pepper and spinach fettuccine with grilled vegetables. Once you've had your fill, you'll be ready to catch your ride back to the hotel for the evening.
Old San Juan and Casa Bacardi
After refueling with breakfast at the hotel, join your group for the ride to Old San Juan, the vibrant historic district of Puerto Rico's capital city. You'll have three full hours to explore its cobblestone streets, with your LivingSocial Adventures Guide on hand to give suggestions and answer questions. Make sure to drop by the historic Castillo de San Cristóbal and El Morro fortresses, both part of the San Juan National Historic Site. These 16th- and 17th-century structures were critical Spanish outposts in the New World.
Later, the group will gather at the San Juan docks to catch the ferry to Cataño, home of world-famous Casa Bacardi. Start with a Bacardi rum tasting and time to socialize, then take a guided historical tour of the distillery. You'll learn about the beginnings of the business, the fermentation process, and the move to Puerto Rico before heading back to the hotel.
At Leisure in San Juan
Wake in the morning to enjoy a laid-back breakfast, and take your time—no scheduled activities means you'll have all day to spend as you please. You can start by showing yourself around San Juan, where "surreal sounds and exotic sights resonate everywhere," says Lonely Planet. "A stabbing salsa stanza in sonorous Calle San Sebastián, timid cats scurrying under winking lanterns in shady Plaza San José, and the omnipresent roar of Atlantic breakers battling mercilessly with the sturdy 500-year-old fortifications of El Morro." Or, choose from optional excursions like a trip to the beach or an EcoQuest zip-line tour of Isla Verde.
Depart for Home
One last breakfast at your hotel spells the end of your Puerto Rican revelry. Make transportation arrangements to the airport to hop a return flight home.
- Signed waiver(s)
- Government Issued ID
- Water Bottle
- Hiking Shoes
- Water Shoes
- Mosquito Repellant
the fine print
- One voucher is good for one person
- Must be 18+ to attend this trip
- Rooming information MUST be filled out within 7 days of purchase. If you fail to complete Rooming Information within that time, you will be charged the single supplement fee listed in the deal page. In order to be paired with a roommate, you must request him/her at the time of booking. We will not pair single travelers together
- A refund may be collected within 7 days of your purchase. You may reschedule your purchased event date within that same 7 days (subject to availability) for any reason. No full or partial refunds are given to customers who miss an event. Purchasers will be notified prior to cancelled or rescheduled Tours. Cancelled Tours will be fully refunded. If you can't make the new date of a rescheduled Adventure, you are entitled to a refund upon request
- Waiver available to view here: livingsocial.echosign.com/public/hostedForm?formid=4AQHGW26746XX5
- All hotel taxes and fuel surcharges are included
- Voucher does not include gratuities, insurance, meals and other costs not indicated in the itinerary, other personal expenses
- Passport NOT required to travel
- Provided transportation is required FOR INCLUDED GROUP ACTIVITIES ONLY — driving yourself is prohibited during these times
- Other conditions apply
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• ONLY VALID ON EVENT DATE
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms