A Horse Lover's Haven in Georgia Swampland
Newell Lodge • Folkston, GA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in Cottage 5 or 6 ($339)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Four in Cottage 1 or 4 ($523)
- Daily Breakfast
- One-Hour Horseback Trail Ride and 90- to 120-Minute Okefenokee Swamp Tour
- Daily Golf Cart Rental and Fishing Passes
- Picnic Lunch One Day
Whenever you find yourself trotting in a stress arena, you stay in the race by telling yourself to hay in there until you can Escape. Get back in the saddle of the simple life and gallop out of the gates to Folkston, Georgia, for a two-night stay at the Newell Lodge.
The horse lover's haven in the midst of 60 acres features cozy cottages shaded under sprawling oak trees and Spanish moss—the ideal place for you and a plus one ($339) or three friends or family members ($523) to rein in relaxation.
Tie your four-wheel stallion up in front of your cottage, hop on your rented golf cart, and drop by the lodge's general store to pick up supplies with your ten-percent discount.
In the morning, let your nose lead the way to an included breakfast before making your way to the barn, where you'll be matched up with one of 26 horses for a one-hour ride on the property's trails.
The next day, brush your mane out of your face and hop aboard the complimentary transportation service to the Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge for a 90- to 120-minute tour—a must for any wildlife enthusiast. If you want to explore further on your own, rent a canoe or kayak from the lodge—the swamp is an angler's paradise (boasting 39 species of fish).
Later that night, stirr-up a feast in the kitchen and serve your catch of the day—with a side of carrots—for dinner. When it comes to crisp air, calm surroundings, and carefree fun, this Escape is a treasure trough.
"In addition to horseback riding, you can also hunt on the property and fish nearby. Total peace and quiet. At night it becomes magical when about 40 of the oaks on the property are lighted with tiny lights. This place is a gem."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Cancellation must be received by the Lodge 72 hours prior to arrival to avoid a cancellation penalty equal to one night's room and tax; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Voucher include shuttle to and from swamp and the tour is 90-120 minutes
- Horseback riding is 1 hour
- Taxes are not included and will be collected at redemption
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON May 4, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON May 4, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON May 4, 2013 • Enjoy By May 4, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 50% savings