A Feast for the Senses on Forsyth Park
Forsyth Park Inn • Savannah, GA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in Any Available Room
- Full Daily Breakfast for Two
There are few places that are simultaneously eccentric and dignified, holding fast to their gracious and grandiose history while also teeming with unapologetic vivacity. And yet, these are precisely the complementary disparities with which Savannah bewitches visitors time and time again.
Get swept up in this Southern study in contrasts when you Escape to the "Hostess City of the South." Take a break during the busy holiday season or give the gift of travel: You'll get a two-night stay for two ($289) in the available room of your choice at the dreamy Forsyth Park Inn, an opulent Queen Anne Victorian mansion located on the western flank of the historic park for which it is named.
The inn, built in 1893, has 11 antique-laden rooms with soaring ceilings, 12-foot windows, and a private courtyard garden cottage, which is pet friendly. Many of the rooms offer park views with some featuring working fireplaces, and you can literally soak in Savannah charm by choosing a room with a whirlpool or clawfoot tub.
In the morning, you'll be served your included gourmet breakfast on the sweeping veranda, or on a cool morning, fireside in the parlor. Enjoy Lowcountry favorites like fluffy buttermilk biscuits, cheesy grits soufflé, and inn specialties like Bananas Foster French Toast.
Take advantage of the inn's location on Forsyth Park to play tennis, jog, or enjoy lunch in the park's cafe, or wander the paths through the opulent Victorian garden, taking care not to miss the park's crowning jewel: the magnificent 1858 fountain.
Cultural travelers appreciate the city's numerous walking tours, historic homes, and fine exhibitions at the Telfair Academy, the South's oldest public art museum. Pedal through Savannah's historic district and discover dramatic architecture and decadent restaurants throughout the town's 21 squares.
Try The Olde Pink House, which serves sumptuous fare that incorporates seafood in new and sophisticated Southern recipes. Or, try Sapphire Grill, a seasonal restaurant serving upscale dishes (garlic-seared Muscovy duck breast and butternut squash confit, for example) in an urbane, brick-wall and hardwood-floor setting.
Envelop yourself in this city's passion and 19th-century charm for an Escape that is as genteel as it is surreal.
"One of the grandest houses on the western flank of Forsyth Park is this frame place built in the 1890s by a sea captain. Home-baked breads and pastries are a staple of the breakfasts."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group, existing reservations, wedding packages or with any other discounts
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Blackout dates are 11/21-22, 12/24-1/1/13 and 2/14-16
- Based upon double occupancy
- Taxes and resort fees are not included and will be collected at redemption
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON February 28, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON February 28, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON February 28, 2013 • Enjoy By February 28, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 40% savings