A Dastardly Murder in Hertfordshire!
Down Hall Country House • Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
- Murder Mystery Break with Overnight Stay for Two
- Three-Course Dinner Each
- Breakfast Each
As busy weeks segue seamlessly into equally busy weekends, finding time to relax and enjoy life can be murder. With this week's hand-picked Escape experience, we've got a 'get out of jail free' card for you. Make a quick getaway to Down Hall Country House Hotel, and feel the shackles coming off.
You'll find Down Hall among 110 acres of splendid woodland, parkland, and landscaped gardens, nestled snugly in Hatfield Heath, close to Bishop's Stortford. Reachable from central London in 45 minutes, it's the perfect place to put your feet up after a big job. Thankfully, you won't need to commit grand larceny to pay the bill: a murder mystery break for two will set you back just £99 (up to a £249 value). Date options are available from January 1 through to April 28—see fine print for further details.
Murder mystery break? Yes, you heard us correctly—something sinister is afoot at Down Hall. You'll arrive at 3 p.m. with a few hours to get changed and settled before heading down to the private room at 7:30 p.m. where a bar will open and actors will commence the chilling mystery. Between each course of your meal actors will act out the narrative and be available for questioning. Each table is provided with clues to hunt down the elusive killer and by the time dinner is finished all will be revealed as well as the winning team.
As the group of apparently carefree paragons of society settle down to a delicious three-course dinner, however, tensions begin to simmer. Once you've polished off the starter (chicken liver terrine with red onion marmalade and mixed leaves), those tensions start to boil over. The main course is superb (roast loin of pork with apple sauce, seasonal vegetables, and potatoes), but it becomes more and more apparent that something is awry. Not so awry, of course, that it distracts you from the exquisite dessert (vanilla crème brûlée with shortbread).
Once peace and justice has been restored, you'll probably be ready to retire to your individually designed room and luxuriate in the kind of style that you'd expect of an English country house. Settle in, push back the covers of the bed, and the lawlessness of the evening may seem like it was just a bad dream. Just to be sure you are awake, tuck into a filling breakfast and compare notebooks.
This Escape is for two people. Got a Question? Contact our Travel Concierge at firstname.lastname@example.org.
"The hotel, which dates back to 1322, is an Italianate mansion set in 110 acres of the most beautiful and well-tended grounds and surrounding woodland."-- Ely Standard
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- Must be booked by December 31, 2012 or your voucher may become invalid
- 1 voucher is valid for 2 people
- Limit 1 per purchaser, additional as gifts
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by April 28, 2013
- Voucher can only be redeemed on the following dates: 1, 3, 4, 10, 13, 17, 24, 25, 31 Jan, 3, 7, 15 Feb, 3, 8, 10, 15, 22, 24 Mar, and 7, 14, 19, 21, 25, 28 Apr (subject to availability)
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- We do not recommend this deal for children under the age of 16
- Deal based on double occupancy in a standard room
- Offer cannot be combined to extend stay
- Wifi included
- Voucher includes Three-Course Dinner Each and Breakfast Each
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Please contact merchant directly, within 30 days of voucher-issue, for information on any special assistance required including disabled access - if the merchant's arrangements are not adequate for your requirements, LivingSocial will be happy to issue a refund under our standard cancellation policy
- Please contact 01279 731441 prior to purchase for further information if required
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Enjoy by date on this voucher cannot be validly extended without the express written endorsement of LivingSocial. Without such written endorsement, any offer by the merchant to extend the Enjoy By date cannot be honoured by LivingSocial in the event that the merchant defaults
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 28, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 28, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 28, 2013 • Enjoy By April 28, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 60% savings