An Award-Winning Stay in Exmoor's Porlock
Rose Bank Guest House • Somerset, United Kingdom
- Two-Night Stay for Two People in a Studio Room
- Daily Breakfast
- Three-Course Meal with Coffee Each on the First Evening
- Wine If Dining on the Second Night
- Transport for Hike Down Porlock Hill
- Late 12 p.m. Checkout
The story goes that Samuel Coleridge dreamt hundreds of lines for his poem Kubla Khan. But partway through writing, 'a person on business from Porlock' called and detained him for an hour, after which he'd forgotten the rest—it was still only 54 lines when it was published 19 years on. If you could use a more welcome interruption from your own creative endeavours, here's an idea for you: find fresh inspiration with a visit to four-star Rose Bank Guest House in the Somerset parish.
Blow away the cobwebs with a two-night stay at the historic, four-star Porlock bed and breakfast for two people for £99 (up to a £203.60 value). You'll leave your writer's block on your pillow in your studio room, complete with choice of super-king or twin beds, coastal views, original Victorian fireplace, en suite with luxury shower, flat-screen TV, mini fridge, daily paper, and Wi-Fi access.
Feed your mind with an inclusive breakfast at the countrified restaurant each morning: imagine a locally sourced full English, eggs Benedict, or 'old English sweet piggy blankets'—sausages halved on toast with beans, sweet sauce, and bacon. Return for a restorative three-course meal and coffee on the house on your first night and choose from dishes such as homemade cottage pie or roast chicken breast with all the trimmings. If you dine again on the second night you'll receive a bottle of wine to really free up your thoughts.
Make the most of your late midday check-out: chase down your muse in the company of the hotel's two well-trained dogs (if you choose) with your inclusive one-day transport up Porlock Hill to Hawcombe Head, so you can walk the three-mile length of the valley downhill back into the parish. If all that fresh air really gets you on a roll, there's plenty more to come when you head to nearby Exmoor for hiking, fishing, cycling, pony trekking, and more.
This Escape is for two people, with availability for all seven days of the week. Got a question? Contact our Travel Concierge at firstname.lastname@example.org.
"The hills of Exmoor surround Porlock on three sides, with the heather covered moors cut by deep, often wooded combes with clear sparkling streams at their base."-- Porlock
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- 1 voucher is valid for 2 people and must be used over consecutive nights
- Limit 1 per purchaser, additional as gifts
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by March 28, 2013
- Voucher not valid between Dec 21 - 31 and Feb 8 - 16
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Deal based on double occupancy
- Dogs Welcome; surcharge of £5 per dog, per night will apply - to be paid directly to the merchant
- Upgrade to a 'premier' room; surcharge of £5 per room, per night will apply - to be paid directly to the merchant (subject to availability)
- Offer cannot be combined to extend stay
- Children allowed
- Wifi included
- Voucher includes Daily Breakfast, Three-Course Meal with Coffee Each on The First Evening, Wine If Dining on the Second Night, Transport for Hike Down Porlock Hill, and Late 12 p.m. Checkout
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Please contact merchant directly, within 30 days of voucher-issue, for information on any special assistance required including disabled access - if the merchant's arrangements are not adequate for your requirements, LivingSocial will be happy to issue a refund under our standard cancellation policy
- Please contact 01643 862728 or email email@example.com prior to purchase for further information if required
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Enjoy By date on this voucher cannot be validly extended without the express written endorsement of LivingSocial. Without such written endorsement, any offer by the merchant to extend the Enjoy By date cannot be honoured by LivingSocial in the event that the merchant defaults
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 28, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 28, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 28, 2013 • Enjoy By March 28, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 51% savings