Boutique Shopping in Charming Lewes
Pelham House • East Sussex, United Kingdom
- One- (£99) or Two-Night (£189) Break for Two in Executive Room
- Daily Breakfast
- Chocolates in Room on Arrival
- Bottle of House Wine for Guests Dining on Three-Course Meal in Restaurant
Despite having to put up with the nickname The Flanders Mare, Anne of Cleves did rather better out of her marriage to Henry VIII than most of his wives: she walked away still able to wear a hat, and acquired Wealden Hall house in her divorce settlement. Escapees, ensure your own successful alliance at the four-star Pelham House in Lewes.
An overnight break for two people is £99 (up to a £244.25 value), or two nights including a Saturday is £189 (up to a £462.25 value). Following your arrival at the 16th-century-built hotel, you'll settle into your own Star Chamber—an individually styled executive room which mixes original features with a comfortable and romantic boutique feel (the chocolates waiting will certainly help). Plot high treason while reclining on hand-carved oak furniture—or just enjoy the views of the tranquil sculpture-filled gardens or the South Downs from your room.
After a reformative night's sleep you'll want a breakfast fit for a king to set you up for a day battling the local attractions—full English with local pork sausage, hot dishes like bubble and squeak and eggs benedict, or a continental breakfast with compotes made by the hotel's dedicated breakfast chef. Hold court amongst the wood carvings in the restaurant over dishes such as twice-baked Westcombe cheddar soufflé, grilled rib-eye steak, or seared cumin-scented monkfish, and there's a bottle of house wine to share too.
A short walk will take you into the quaint and historic Lewes. Wind your way through ancient streets decked with medieval buildings, oak-framed houses, and eighteenth-century frontages. Imagine hitting the sales in the boutique shops on a crisp afternoon. Charge along the South Downs Way, or lay siege to the Norman-built Lewes Castle, where you can mount the keep for spectacular views of Sussex or play knight firing a crossbow. Alternatively, the bustle of Brighton is just a ten-minute drive away.
This Escape is valid for two people. One-night stays are valid from Sunday to Friday; two-night stays are valid on all seven days of the week.
"I find it immensely satisfying to sit in the Pelham House bar and knock back the local wine. This is how it would be in France, Italy, or Spain."-- The Telegraph
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- 1 voucher is valid for 2 people (Option B must be used over consecutive nights)
- Limit 1 per purchaser, additional as gifts
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by March 31, 2013
- Voucher excludes 26, 31 December 2012
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Option A: One night stay not valid on Saturday nights
- Option B: two night stay is valid on Saturday nights subject to availability
- Car parking is limited and must be pre-reserved at rate of £6.50 a day
- Deal based on double occupancy in Executive Room
- Restaurant reservation is required at time of booking and bottle of wine is only valid when ordering a 3 course meal per person
- Offer cannot be combined to extend stay
- Children allowed
- Wi-Fi included
- Upgrades available; subject to availability
- Voucher includes: Daily Breakfast, Chocolates in Room on Arrival, Bottle of House Wine for Guests Dining on Three-Course Meal in Restaurant
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Please contact merchant directly, within 30 days of voucher-issue, for information on any special assistance required including disabled access - if the merchant's arrangements are not adequate for your requirements, LivingSocial will be happy to issue a refund under our standard cancellation policy
- Please contact 01273 488600 prior to purchase for further information if required
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Enjoy By date on this voucher cannot be validly extended without the express written endorsement of LivingSocial. Without such written endorsement, any offer by the merchant to extend the Enjoy By date cannot be honoured by LivingSocial in the event that the merchant defaults
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 31, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2013 • Enjoy By March 31, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings