On Top of the World in Tanzania
Skyline Travel • Kilimanjaro Region, Tanzania
- All-Inclusive Ten-Day Trek to Mount Kilimanjaro
- Round-Trip Airfare for One Guest from New York (JFK) or Washington Dulles (IAD) to Kilimanjaro (JRO) on Turkish Airlines
- Ground Transport from Hotel to the Mountain Gate
- Three Nights at Base Hotel (Mountain Inn) and Accommodations During the Climb
- All Meals Included and Prepared by a Chef
- Climbing Fees and All Taxes Included
- Two Porters per Person and a Mountain Guide
- Assistance from the New York Sales Office and Ground Office in Arusha, Tanzania
- All Rates Are per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
Mount Kilimanjaro: By no means an easy feat, the trek to the peak of this dormant volcano is as rewarding as it is difficult. But rest assured, you'll have a helping hand along the way, courtesy of Skyline Travel. With accommodations throughout the journey, three hearty meals prepared each day, and a host of mountain guides who will porter your gear and show you the ropes, summiting Africa's tallest peak—and the world's tallest free-standing mountain—is yours for the taking. Oh, and while you're halfway around the world, you'll have the option (for an additional fee) of taking a short safari through the wilds of Tanzania—one of the best safari experiences on the planet.
Day 1: Arrive early in the morning at Kilimanjaro International Airport on Turkish Airlines via Istanbul.
Day 2: In Moshi, you'll be briefed on the expedition and will receive assistance with equipment rentals. The rest of the day will be at leisure to prepare for the climb.
Day 3: After breakfast, you'll begin the drive to Kilimanjaro National Park, about two hours from your hotel in Moshi. There, you'll register with the park staff, then begin the trek through the rain forest to the Mandara Hut—8,856 feet above sea level—where you'll eat dinner and stay over night.
Day 4: In the morning, you'll be given breakfast and a packed lunch for the five-hour trek through the moorland to Horombo. There, you'll be served dinner and will stay overnight at the Horombo encampment, 12,136 feet above sea level. Be sure to fill up on fluids.
Day 5: From Horombo it's off to the saddle of Kilimanjaro, between the peaks of Kibo and Mawenzi. Once there, you'll stay overnight at the Kibo encampment—about 15,416 feet above sea level—and dinner will be served.
Day 6: An early-morning climb takes you to the summit of Kilimanjaro. Ascending upon steep, heavy scree fields, you'll reach Gilman's Point on the crater rim of the mountain, at 18,640 feet. Then it's onward to Uhuru Peak, the highest point in Africa at 18,640 feet. Then it's back down to the Horombo encampment for the evening for dinner and stories.
Day 7: After breakfast, you'll descend the mountain and head back for dinner and an overnight stay in Moshi.
Day 8: Before checkout, you'll get breakfast and say farewell to your new friends, then it's off to the airport.
2013 Travel Dates from JFK ($2,779) or IAD ($2,950)
April 10 to 19
May 17 to 26
September 7 to 16
October 14 to 23
November 15 to 24
December 9 to 18
"Kilimanjaro is one of the world's greatest natural wonders: a snow covered mountain on the equator, an ocean of green forest surrounded by dry savannah."-- National Geographic Adventure Blog
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must be made by April 3, 2013
- Departures on April 10 myst be confirmed by March 20, 2013
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation policy applies. For more information, please see www.skylinesafaris.com/kilimanjaro.php
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy (two people sharing a room). Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $150
- All departures must have a minimum of 8 people; if the minimum is not met, Skyline Travel will offer an option to depart during the dates that have reached 10 passengers, or supply a full refund
- Voucher includes three nights at Base Hotel (Mountain Inn) and accommodations during the climb, all meals included and prepared by a chef, climbing fees, all taxes, two Porters per person and a Mountain Guide, assistance from the New York Sales Office and Ground Office in Arusha, Tanzania
- Voucher does not include passport and visa expenses (if applicable), gratuities to drivers, local guides, etc., meals and beverages other than specified, personal and baggage insurance, and items of a personal nature
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- The deal is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- PROMOTIONAL VALUE VALID ONLY FOR THE DATE RANGE SELECTED AT TIME OF PURCHASE
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 9, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 9, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 9, 2013 • Enjoy By December 9, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings