Wintery Riverfront Treats in a Suffolk Market Town
The Mill Hotel • Suffolk, United Kingdom
- Two-Night Stay for Two People in Riverside Room with Daily Breakfast
- Two-Course Dinner on First Evening
- Wine if Dining on Second Evening
In the 18th century, the success of landscape and portrait artist Thomas Gainsborough immortalised Sudbury—a hitherto unassuming Suffolk market town on the banks of the River Stour. Tug on your wellingtons, embrace the winter chill with a blustery stomp in the fresh country air, and stop by a local weekly market as you discover the historic civil parish for yourself—all courtesy of this week's Escape to the sumptuous Mill Hotel.
You and your other half will kick off your muddy boots in a lavish refurbished room at the rustic-luxe venue for two nights for £139 (up to a £332.61 value). You'll warm up after your country walk with a hot soak in the bath, before sinking into your double bed and relaxing in front of your large flat-screen television, or planning tomorrow's itinerary with the help of the complimentary Wi-Fi.
There's no need to source your own local produce when you can get stuck into it at the Riverside Restaurant: a two-course dinner is included on the first night of your stay, as is a full English breakfast each morning and a bottle of wine if you dine at the eatery on the second night.
As you wrap up and step out into the invigorating air, you'll appreciate the first-hand views of Gainsborough's pastoral scenes. Wade further back into the history of the area with a visit to the National Trust's 17th-century Sudbury Hall and Museum of Childhood—simultaneously a decadent ancient manor and an enchanting woodland playground. The hotel's close proximity to Colchester and Bury St Edmunds also affords additional opportunities for local exploration.
This Escape is for two people. The hotel is a short walk to Sudbury Train Station and approximately a 30-mile drive to Stansted Airport. This Escape is valid for all seven days of the week.
"Located in the centre of the Stour Valley, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Sudbury is an ancient market town dating back to Saxon times."-- Visit Suffolk
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- 1 voucher is valid for 2 people
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; offer cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by 30 June, 2013
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Deal based on double occupancy in a riverside room
- Voucher includes breakfast, two-course set menu meal on first night and wine if you dine on second night
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- For information on any special assistance required including disabled access, please contact merchant directly within 7 days of voucher-issue. If the merchant's arrangements are not adequate for your requirements, LivingSocial will be happy to issue a refund under our standard cancellation policy
- Please call 01787 375544 prior to purchase for further information if required
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Enjoy By date on this voucher cannot be validly extended without the express written endorsement of LivingSocial. Without such written endorsement, any offer by the merchant to extend the Enjoy By date cannot be honoured by LivingSocial in the event that the merchant defaults
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON June 30, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON June 30, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 30, 2013 • Enjoy By June 30, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings