A Slice of South America: Brazil & Argentina
Gate 1 Travel • Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- A 10-Day Trip to Brazil and Argentina, Including:
- Departure Flight from MIA International Airport to Rio de Janeiro and Return Flight from Buenos Aires to MIA
- Round-Trip Shared Ground Transportation via Air-Conditioned Motor Coach
- Accommodations for Three Nights at the Windsor Copa Hotel, Rio de Janeiro, Two Nights at the Amerian Iguazu, Argentina, and Three Nights at the Novotel Buenos Aires
- Eight Breakfasts and Two Dinners
- English-Speaking Tour Guide Service and Baggage Handling
- Airline Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, Hotel Taxes, Service Charges, and Entrance Fees Included
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
Walk the cobblestone streets of Buenos Aires during the day, and you'll understand why this Argentine city dressed in neoclassical architecture earned the name "The Paris of South America." Dubbed "The Culture Capital of Latin America," the city is awash in art galleries, historical buildings and museums, and grand theaters and palaces. Even the streets are dripping with Latin flair—from the electrotango tunes that tickle your ear around every corner to the street vendors shilling succulent cuts of grilled meats, Buenos Aires bleeds a passion for living that rivals almost any other city on the globe.
The rare exception, perhaps is Brazil's Rio de Janeiro. Long engaged in a love affair with modern cinema (try counting the number of times the iconic aerial shot of Christ the Redeemer atop Mount Corcovado has graced a silver screen), Rio has captured the hearts and minds of artists and wanderers for generations. Home to 23 beaches teeming with shoreline skyscrapers that peek over mountains of jungle in the distance, the city is exotic, cosmopolitan, and wild all at the same time.
When it comes to doubling up on South America's best, these two cities should be at the top of everyone's bucket list and seen only with Gate 1 Travel.
day 1: Depart from MIA International Airport on a flight to Rio de Janeiro.
day 2: Touch down in Rio de Janeiro where you'll transfer to your home for the next three nights, the Windsor Copa Hotel, Rio de Janeiro. Rest up before enjoying an evening orientation at the hotel, followed by a welcome dinner at a typical Brazilian Churrascaria.
day 3: Greet the day with breakfast before exploring the legendary statue of Christ the Redeemer. Resting atop the Corcovado Mountain, the landmark is surrounded by panoramic views of Rio de Janeiro. En route to this majestic monument, enjoy a scenic drive through the Laranjeiras neighborhood before making the rest of the journey by train. During your ride back to the hotel, take a peek at Rio's famous beaches—Copacabana and Ipanema—before stopping at the internationally renowned jewelry company, H. Stern.
day 4: Spend the day at your leisure, roaming the streets of Rio, or enjoy an optional tour to Sugar Loaf Mountain where you will be able to enjoy scenic views via cable car.
day 5: Say goodbye to Rio before boarding a domestic flight to Iguassu. Upon arrival at the Brazilian side of these majestic falls, stroll along a scenic pathway, where you can take in panoramic views of San Martin Island and Devil's Throat. After the excursion, cross the border to Iguazu—the Argentinean side of the Falls—and check-in at the Amerian Iguazu.
day 6: Continue your adventure to the Argentinean side of the Falls. Here, you'll take a train along the route's various circuits, enjoying the views from above and below the falls. Later, walk along the catwalks to the Devil's Gorge before returning to the hotel.
day 7: Depart Iguazu for a flight to the cosmopolitan city of Buenos Aires, where, after getting settled at Novotel Buenos Aires, you'll spend the rest of the day at your leisure.
day 8: After breakfast, enjoy a city tour of Buenos Aires. Tour many of the city's main attractions, including the parks and gardens of Palermo, the old quarters of San Telmo, and many other treasures, including Evita Perón's final resting place. Later, spend the afternoon exploring or join the optional Tigre & Delta Cruise Tour.
day 9: Spend the day returning to your favorite sites, or join an optional Full Day Gaucho Party at Santa Susana Ranch for a unique experience at an estania. Then, enjoy a farewell dinner at a typical Argentinean restaurant and say goodbye to your travel companions and tour manager.
day 10: Enjoy included transfer to the airport and fly back home to the USA.
Departure Dates and Prices
Flights depart from MIA International Airport on select dates in August through December, 2013 and in January, 2014 and range from $2,299 to $2,999 depending on the date.
Priced per person based on double occupancy. See fine print for details.
"When it comes to experiencing this incredible land the real reward is undoubtably the South American spirit. The entire continent approaches life with the enthusiasm of an old-fashioned road trip: windows down and stereo blaring."-- Lonely Planet
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must be made by April 29, 2013
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Voucher is valid for one person only
- When purchasing and gifting vouchers please list name as it is listed on their passport
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy. Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $700
- Must be at least 18 to check-in and at least 8 to travel
- Merchant cancellation policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture www.gate1travel.com/terms.aspx#CANCELLATION
- Voucher includes round-trip shared ground transportation, three nights at the Windsor Copa Hotel, Rio de Janeiro, two nights at the Amerian Iguazu, Argentina, and three nights at the Novotel Buenos Aires eight breakfasts, two dinners, an English-speaking tour guide service, baggage handling, airline taxes, fuel surcharges, hotel taxes, service charges, and entrance fees
- Voucher does not include gratuities, insurance, meals not indicated in the itinerary, other personal expenses, passport and visa fees for Brazil and Argentina entry fees
- Visas are required
- All other major US airports available for a surcharge to be collected at time of booking; subject to availability
- Due to physical constraints and space limitations, wheelchairs, walkers and motorized scooters may not be taken aboard motor coaches, nor are these devices suitable for touring. These devices may be utilized in public spaces such as airports, however may not be used while sightseeing
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- The deal is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- PROMOTIONAL VALUE VALID ONLY FOR THE DATE RANGE SELECTED AT TIME OF PURCHASE
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON January 23, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON January 23, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON January 23, 2014 • Enjoy By January 23, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms