A Warm Welcome and Delicious Dinner in Shropshire
The Old Rectory Hotel • Wem, United Kingdom
- Two-Night Stay for Couples or Families
- Daily Full English Breakfast
- Two-Course Dinner on First Evening, or Three-Course Sunday Lunch for Sunday Arrivals
- Bottle of Wine if Dining on Second Evening (Non-Sunday Arrivals)
- River Severn Boat Trip
- Seven-Day Availability (Limited Saturdays)
The market town of Wem in Shropshire made its name as the birthplace of the sweet pea, and still celebrates Henry Eckford's unassuming flower at its annual festival. But you don't need to be green-fingered to enjoy the quaint English parish: it's also a stone's throw from castles, gardens, shops, and theatres. See for yourself courtesy of this Escape to The Old Rectory Hotel.
Allow us to sow the seed of an idea: you and your best bud will stay for two nights for £139 (up to a £293.80 value). Alternatively, arrive on a Sunday and harvest a slightly different package for the same price (up to a £256.90 value).
If you'd rather expand your allotment, make it a family stay for two adults and up to two children for two nights for £179 (up to a £376.60 value); again, arriving on Sunday gets you a different package for the same price (up to a £295.80 value). Before we get into the details, let us plant this one on you: you'll stay in one of 14 individually styled rooms, featuring desk area, en suite, and mini bar with locally sourced produce.
Breakfast is included each morning with every option. Those arriving on a Sunday will receive a three-course Sunday lunch each, while those arriving Monday to Saturday will receive a two-course dinner. You'll pluck your choice from dishes such as roast Shropshire turkey and sticky toffee pudding on the Sabbath, or chicken breast with blue cheese mousse and Bailey's crème brûlée other days. Choose to return and dine again on the second evening with any package, and you'll enjoy a bottle of wine to accompany the food.
As if this Escape hasn't already grown on you, you'll also enjoy a trip along the River Severn on triple-deck passenger boat the Sabrina as part of your package, departing from Shrewsbury, a perfectly charming Tudor town in which to spend an afternoon. Alternatively, find somewhere else to photosynthesise: Wem isn't far from Whittington Castle, Telford Steam Railway, or Hawkstone Park Golf Club.
This Escape is for two people, with availability for all seven days of the week. Got a question? Contact our Travel Concierge on email@example.com.
"Sleepy Shropshire is a glorious scattering of hills, castles and timber-framed villages tucked against the Welsh border."-- Lonely Planet
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- Valid from 22 July only
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; offer cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by 30 September, 2013
- Limited Saturday night availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Deal based on double occupancy in a standard double room; upgrades available subject to availability
- Children welcome (under 16's)
- Wifi available
- Voucher includes: daily full English breakfast, two-course dinner on first evening (or three-course Sunday Lunch for Sunday arrivals as restaurant is closed), bottle of wine if dining on second evening, River Severn boat trip
- Restaurant is closed on Sunday evenings and all day Monday
- Check in 2pm; check out 11am
- Valid for purchased voucher option only
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- For information on any special assistance required including disabled access, please contact merchant directly
- Enjoy By date on this voucher cannot be validly extended without the express written endorsement of LivingSocial. Without such written endorsement, any offer by the merchant to extend the Enjoy By date cannot be honoured by LivingSocial in the event that the merchant defaults
- Call 01939 233 233 for further information if required
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON September 30, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2013 • Enjoy By September 30, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
or call our concierge at 0207 763 4600
- 53% savings