Discover South Africa's Glorious Garden Route
Encounters Travel •
- Nine-Day Tour of South Africa's Garden Route—Cape Town to Port Elizabeth
- All Internal Transfers
- Local Tour Guide Throughout
- Eight Breakfasts, Five Lunches, and Five Dinners
- Tour Includes Cheetah Breeding Centre, Limestone Caves, and Knysna Seaside Resort
Anyone who doesn't think of nature as exciting clearly hasn't seen David Attenborough up a tree, poking a bee's nest. But this Escape, courtesy of Encounters Travel, will really open your eyes to the spectacular sights of South Africa—with nine days and eight nights exploring the coastal Garden Route from Cape Town to Port Elizabeth for £639 per person (up to an £849 value; price based on double occupancy).
day 1: You're met at the airport and transferred to your hotel, where your guide will introduce you to the local area. Overnight at Southern Sun Cape Sun hotel in central Cape Town.
day 2: You've got a free day in Cape Town to arrange your own exploration or take an optional tour. Get your researcher on and recce sights such as Table Mountain, Cape Point, and the sprawling city's bustling harbour. Overnight at Cape Town hotel; breakfast included.
day 3: You're driven into Stellenbosch—known for its wines, scenery, oak trees and historic buildings—where you explore the town and sample wine from a local vineyard. Afterwards, you're driven to the Cheetah Breeding Centre, where the big cats are ready for their close-up. Optional activity: Dinner out. Overnight at Lord Charles Hotel; breakfast and lunch included.
day 4: Take a guided tour of the Cango Caves with their breathtaking limestone structures. Optional activity: Ostrich Farm visit. Overnight at Kleinplaas Holiday Resort Campsite, Oudtshoorn; breakfast, lunch, and dinner included.
day 5: Switch to a wide-angle lens as you continue along the Garden Route through the breathtaking Outeniqua Mountains towards Knysna. Your afternoon is free to explore Knysna, one of South Africa's most popular seaside towns and a haven for golf-lovers. Optional activities: Elephant Encounter, Township Tour, Monkey town, Birds of Eden, lagoon cruise. Overnight at Forever Resort Plettenberg Bay; breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
days 6 – 7: Train your viewfinder on the flora and fauna at the Tsitsikamma National Park, which boasts exceptional hiking trails and coastal scenery. The first few hours of the famous Otter Trail Hike are included in your visit. Optional activities: the highest bungee jump in the world, from Bloukrans Bridge; treetop canopy tours; blackwater tubing (min 4 clients). Overnight at Tsitsikamma village; breakfast, lunch, and dinner included.
day 8: Continuing to the Eastern Cape, you enter Addo Elephant National Park, home to many of Africa's big game. It's time to go handicam as your truck gives you an elevated view on your afternoon game drive. Optional activities: Night Game Drive with SANP. Overnight at Addo Elephant Park; breakfast, lunch, and dinner included.
day 9: After an early game drive in Addo, you depart the National Park and are driven to Port Elizabeth Airport. Here the tour finishes around 10 a.m., suitable for flight departures from midday. Roll credits. Breakfast included.
- This Escape is priced per person, based on double occupancy.
- Single travellers are welcome for a supplement of £220.
- Internal transport is included, including transfers from Cape Town and to Port Elizabeth airports.
- Internal flights are available from Port Elizabeth to Cape Town and Johannesburg airports, which are serviced direct by British Airways and Virgin Atlantic (not included).
- Got a question? Contact our Travel Concierge on firstname.lastname@example.org—be sure to quote the name of the tour.
Now you can earn Tesco Clubcard points with your eligible LivingSocial purchases! Click here to find out more.
"Within a few hundred kilometres, the range of topography, vegetation, wildlife and outdoor activity is breathtaking."-- Lonely Planet
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- Flights not included (available on request)
- Airport arrival and departure transfers included
- All transport included on fully equipped comfortable overland vehicle with spacious coach seats, large high windows for great views, charging & iPod stations etc. (25 seats, max 18 people per group)
- Bookings must be made via the traveller information form detailed on your voucher
- Options A, C, E, G, I - Voucher priced per person based on double occupancy. In order to travel with a companion, you must purchase 2 (1 for each traveller) vouchers
- Options B, D, F, H, J - Voucher priced per person for single travel
- Options E, F, G, H: These departures not guaranteed and are subject to minimum numbers being reached. If we don't reach 10 passengers per date then clients will be offered seats on other dates if available or a refund will be provided
- Voucher valid for 1 person only
- Voucher valid for date selected only
- Must have a valid Passport in order to travel
- This tour does carry a mandatory single supplement if you wish to guarantee yourself a single room or whenever a room share is not available. If you are happy to share but at the time of booking there is no room share available, we will invoice you for the additional charge (£220) but this can then be refunded/removed once a room share becomes available. More often than not, we are able to arrange a share.
- Voucher includes: Nine-Day Tour of South Africa's Garden Route—Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, All Internal Transfers, Local Tour Guide Throughout, Eight Breakfasts, Five Lunches, and Five Dinners (most meals cooked by your crew at the truck), Tour Includes Cheetah Breeding Centre, Limestone Caves, and Knysna Seaside Resort
- Voucher excludes: International Flights, Visas, Travel Insurance (compulsory), Meals not indicated in the itinerary, Drinks, snacks, tips and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry), Tips for tour leader , Any other items not mentioned above
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- You may cancel your voucher within 7 days of purchase and receive a full refund provided it has not been redeemed. After this period, Merchant cancellation policy applies. See traveller information form for details
- Please contact 0800 0886002 prior to purchase for further information if required
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON July 12, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON July 12, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON July 12, 2014 • Enjoy By July 12, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 25% savings