A Restored Berkshire Coaching Inn with Sumptuous Marco Pierre White Food
The Carnarvon Arms • Newbury, United Kingdom
- Overnight Friday Stay for Two People in a Double Room with Afternoon Tea and Two-Course Dinner
- Or, Overnight Sunday Stay for Two People in a Double Room with Two-Course Lunch and Two-Course Dinner
- Full English Breakfast
Situated next to one of the country's most famous stately homes—Highclere Castle, better known as Downton Abbey—Berkshire's The Carnarvon Arms is a Grade-II listed former coach house given a fresh makeover and an exciting new menu courtesy of Marco Pierre White.
Overnight stays are available for two people, with the interior decked out with eccentric artworks and ephemera and 23 en suite rooms outfitted in a contemporary and stylish manner.
- Friday Night with Full English Breakfast, Afternoon Tea with Glass of Bubbly Each, and Two-Course Dinner—£125 (up to a £216.80 value)
- Sunday Night with Full English Breakfast, Two-Course Lunch, and Two-Course Dinner—£115 (up to a £229.90 value)
With menus created by Marco and dishes prepared using local ingredients where possible, you're guaranteed some fine fare whichever option you choose; sample refined dishes such as a kedgeree of smoked haddock à l`Indienne, or venison pierre koffmann with chou à la crème and sauce of chocolate amer. If staying on a Sunday, you'll sample a hearty Sunday lunch, and awake to a traditional full English breakfast, or one of the other hearty selections.
Much of the local countryside is part of the North Wessex Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and the perfect place for an invigorating ramble—you might even stumble across some Bronze Age burial mounds. Meanwhile, nearby Newbury boasts a historic racecourse, should you fancy a day out enjoying the sport of kings.
- This Escape is for two people.
- Got a question? Contact our Travel Concierge on email@example.com.
"The Carnarvon Arms is a Grade II-listed building—the interior is decorated in fresh, neutral shades with rich leather upholstery and cartoons on the walls."-- The Mobile Food Guide
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- Valid from November 1, 2013 - January 31, 2014
- 1 voucher is valid for 2 people
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; offer cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by January 31, 2014
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Deal based on double occupancy in a Double Room; upgrades available subject to availability
- No children allowed
- No dogs allowed
- Wifi available
- Voucher includes: Overnight Friday Stay for Two People in a Double Room with Afternoon Tea and Two-Course Dinner Or, Overnight Sunday Stay for Two People in a Double Room with Two-Course Lunch and Two-Course Dinner, Full English Breakfast
- Check in 3pm; check out 11am
- Valid for purchased voucher option only
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Subject to availability. Hotel may reserve some rooms for non-LivingSocial guests
- For information on any special assistance required including disabled access, please contact merchant directly
- Enjoy By date on this voucher cannot be validly extended without the express written endorsement of LivingSocial. Without such written endorsement, any offer by the merchant to extend the Enjoy By date cannot be honoured by LivingSocial in the event that the merchant defaults
- Call 01635 278 222 for further information if required
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON January 31, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON January 31, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON January 31, 2014 • Enjoy By January 31, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings