Romantic and Private, a Villa Overlooking the Water
Lutsen Resort on Lake Superior • Lutsen, MN
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a One-Story Sea Villa Between February 17 and June 30, 2014 ($239)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two in a Two-Story Sea Villa Between February 17 and May 31, 2014 ($279)
- Combine Vouchers to Stay Up to Four Nights
Framed by the clear waters of Lake Superior, and with the Sawtooth Mountains as a backdrop, Lutsen's landscape offers tons of opportunities for outdoor recreation. Thanks to the perennially popular Lutsen Mountains ski resort—the largest in Minnesota—the township was hailed as the "King of the Midwest Hills" in 2009 by The New York Times. But even without snow, this resort area just 30 miles from Canada, as the crow flies, is a royal treat. Hop on the Mountain Tram, or hike the nearby state park trails to see roaring waterfalls as the rivers rush toward Lake Superior. Hit the links at Superior National Golf Course, or arrange a charter fishing trip on the lake. Or trade rustic pursuits for domestic ones and dive into the many restaurants and shops nearby in the quaint seaside village of Grand Marais.
Peaceful and unique, Lutsen Resort on Lake Superior is a four-season retreat where Minnesota's North Woods traditions run deep. About three miles from the main Lutsen Resort campus, and just steps from the lake, the one- and two-story Sea Villas boast excellent views as well as easy access to fire pits, hiking and biking trails, and a playground area. Each villa features a different layout—two-story units have two bedrooms and either a third bedroom or loft sleeping room; one-story units have one bedroom and a ladder-access loft—though all include a kitchen, a wood-burning stove, and plenty of privacy. Meanwhile, the nearby guest services building offers an indoor pool, sauna, and whirlpool. Survey nearby attractions via complimentary Wi-Fi before sinking into a chair on the beach, partaking in a program, or embarking on a kayaking tour. Later, roast marshmallows on the shore beneath the stars.
During the day, hike the trails that wind among the birch, maple, and spruce forest and then head up to one of the many high points overlooking Lake Superior. Back at your villa, watch the ever-changing beauty of Lake Superior, or head over to the Main Lodge for a glass of wine in the fire-lit lobby. For a change of pace, the resort offers a robust calendar of free events and tons of free activities throughout the year. Or, simply relax with a massage at the WatersMeet Spa and Wellness Center.
Return to the rustic browns and white linen of Lakeside Dining Room for an unmatched wine selection offering an impressive selection of award-winning bottles—the restaurant has received an award from Wine Spectator Magazine every year since 2008—as well as contemporary cuisine or the catch of the day. Retire for the evening beside the stone fireplace, or rejuvenate in the lodge sauna before heading to your room with the crash of waves lulling you to sleep.
"This place was fantastic! The staff was incredibly nice, the food was great, and the overall look and feel of the resort was so romantic and homey."-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Limit 2 per customer, additional as gifts; up to 2 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 2 guests; up to 2 (in a one-story Sea Villa) or up to 4 (in a two-story Sea Villa) additional guests may be added based on availability and at an additional cost of $10 per person, per night
- Children 13 and under are free
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes and fees are not included; payable directly to the property
- Pets are allowed for additional fee; please inquire at time of reservation
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Blackout date(s): May 23-26, 2014
- Two-story units available February 17 through May 31, 2014; One-story units available February 17 through June 30, 2014
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON June 30, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 15, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 30, 2014 • Enjoy By June 30, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings