Historic Hotel, Contemporary Museum in Kitchener
Walper Hotel • Kitchener, Canada
- A One-Night ($99) or Two-Night ($189) Stay for Two in a Landmark Guest Room with One Queen or Two Double Beds
- Daily Breakfast for Two
- Two Tickets to THEMUSEUM
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Combine Vouchers to Stay Up to Six Nights
About an hour west of Toronto, the town of Kitchener has been doing things its own way since it was settled in the late 1700s. While most of Southern Ontario traces its heritage back to the British, Kitchener was settled by German immigrants. Today, the city boasts the largest Bavarian festival in the world outside Germany, and it plays host to a significant population of German Canadians. And just as Berlin continues to push the cultural envelope in creative ways, so too does Kitchener. One of the largest farmers' markets in Canada is located here, as is THEMUSEUM, a one-of-a-kind experiential destination that has turned the concept of the stodgy museum on its head.
For more than 100 years, the Walper Hotel has served as the landmark in Kitchener. Renovated in 2011, this architectural gem in the heart of the city has played host to luminaries like Eleanor Roosevelt, offering throwback amenities like an on-site barber shop and a tobacconist, both of which date back to the turn of the 20th century. It's also home to two restaurants, meaning you won't have far to go when hunger strikes. Rooms are uniquely decorated with period furnishings, but you'll also have modern amenities (flat-screen TV, complimentary Wi-Fi) at your disposal.
During your stay, you'll receive two tickets to THEMUSEUM. Spanning five floors and 55,000 square feet of interactive exhibits, this groundbreaking new institution has a little bit of everything. Currently on exhibit is "Surface Tension," which examines the future of water, while the upcoming "Science of Sexuality" takes a frank and educational look at sexual health, relationships, and respect.
And just two blocks from the hotel lies Victoria Park, the city's oldest, where you can take a brisk stroll around ponds, past statues, and through deciduous forest. There are also a couple of Irish pubs located nearby, Bobby O'Brien's and McCabe's, both of which make great spots for a nightcap.
"Excellent personal service. I really felt the hotel staff wanted us to feel comfortable and welcome. The room was quaint and unique and the bed was very comfortable."-- Hotels.com
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Up to 3 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays between now and March 31, 2014
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Voucher valid for up to 2 guests; up to 2 additional guests may be added based on availability and at an additional cost of $10 per person per night
- THEMUSEUM admission also includes entrance to current Exhibitions
- THEMUSEUM closed on Mondays and Tuesdays
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Blackout date(s): December 31, 2013
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 31, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 16, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2014 • Enjoy By March 31, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
• Prices listed in Canadian dollars
- 0% savings