Julian Gold Rush Hotel - Julian, CA
Julian Gold Rush Hotel • Julian, CA
- Stay for two
- Option 1: $85 for a 1-night stay in a second-floor room, valid for check-in Sun–Thurs; not valid for Fri or Sat stays (up to a $135 value)
- Free breakfast and afternoon tea
- Free WiFi
- Board games and library
- Book by: 7/16/17; travel by: 8/31/17
Hotel at a Glance: Julian Gold Rush Hotel
As its name suggests, the Julian Gold Rush Hotel harks back to the days of the California Gold Rush. Inside the Queen Anne–style building, you'll find old-fashioned lace curtains and antique lamps and furniture. Elegant guest rooms boast heirloom quilts, clawfoot bathtubs, and cast-iron fireplaces. Built in 1897, it's Southern California's oldest continually operating hotel and even appears on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Famous guests: UK Prime Minister David Lloyd George, C.S. Lewis, and Robert Duvall
- Free two-course breakfast with granola, seasonal fruits, a housemade hot dish that changes daily, and date-nut-raisin toast from San Diego's famous Dudley's Bakery
- Afternoon tea is served every day in the historic dining room.
- Best spot to sit a spell: The hotel's breezy front porch is outfitted with wicker furniture and surrounded by colorful flowers.
- Play a tune on the inn's 100-year-old piano, made from tiger oak.
Julian, California: Historic Gold-Mining Town with Famous Apple Pie
Julian is a pintsize mountain town located 60 miles northeast of San Diego. Its position at just over 4,200 feet on top of the Laguna Mountains means that the town, unlike the rest of Southern California, enjoys four distinct seasons. Julian was the first and only gold-rush town in San Diego County, and as a result, the entire township is a designated historic district. Explore its rich heritage aboard mining trains or during the year-round History Hunts, which send participants through downtown to find answers to questions about local sites.
Though gold mining may have put Julian on the map, the town is most famous for its apple crops, which began springing up here at the end of the 19th century. Less sweet than traditional types, the apples are ideal for baking into homemade pies, brewing into cider, and using to prop open doors, and you'll find sumptuous variations of the hallmark fruit all over town. The area's unique climate also makes it a prolific grape-growing region, and a handful of wineries dot the countryside; enjoy complimentary tastings of pinot grigio and pinot noir at a number of award-winning vineyards.
There's plenty to do outdoors, as well. A 2.5-mile hike to the top of nearby Volcan Mountain reveals panoramic views of the desert, mountains, and sea. Lake Cuyamaca offers trout fishing year-round, and you can partake in Julian's stargazing tradition at private astronomical observatories in town.
Relaxing and quaint.-- LivingSocial Member
Breakfast at the hotel was great... and so was the famous apple pie!-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 4 per customer, up to 4 additional as gifts; up to 4 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays now to August 31, 2017
- Book by date: customer must contact merchant by July 16, 2017 to make booking
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Credit card information and photo ID is required at check-in ; must be age 21+ to check-in
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Not valid with other coupons, gift certificates, or specials
- Voucher includes full breakfast for two; and afternoon tea social
- 8% tax not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Voucher valid for 2 guests
- Parking is free
- No smoking inside the property
- Check-in: 3-10 p.m. / Checkout: 12 p.m.
- Please contact property for handicap accessibility requests or options
- Rollaways not available
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Blackout date(s): May 28; and July 2 to 4, 2017
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON August 31, 2017 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON May 29, 2022 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON August 31, 2017 • Enjoy By August 31, 2017
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
enjoy $50 savings
- 37% savings