Intimate Inn Owned by a Former White House Chef
The Inn of the Patriots • Grover, NC
get it now to save even moreclose
- A One- ($199) or Two-Night ($322) Stay for Two in Any Room with a Sweet Treat Upon Arrival, Daily Three-Course Breakfast for Two, Tour of the On-Site Presidential Culinary Museum, Tour and Tasting at Buffalo Creek Vineyard & Winery, Farm-to-Table Lunch Cooking Class for Two, One Appetizer at Ni Fen Bistro, and One Dessert at Carolina Crossing Restaurant
- Or, a Naples Pizza Making and Eating Class for One, Held on Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays at 11 a.m. ($40)
The innkeeper—a former White House chef—serves three-course breakfasts and teaches cooking classes. Presidential history has never been so delicious.
Like its namesake President Grover Cleveland, there's a lot of Grover, North Carolina, to love. This town on the South Carolina border has a healthy appreciation for its past, perhaps most proudly displayed on Gingerbread Row: a stretch of Cleveland Avenue lined with restored historic homes. Just across the border in South Carolina, Kings Mountain National Military Park preserves its Revolutionary War battlefield while offering winding nature trails for hiking and biking. And less than an hour east of Grover is the thoroughly modern city of Charlotte.
The Inn of the Patriots is housed in the former Hambright family mansion, built in 1879. These days, it's owned by former White House Chef Marti Mongiello and his wife Chef Stormy, who focus on serving up delicious fare and teaching tastemakers in a relaxing B&B setting. The inviting guest rooms blend American, European, and Asian décor and feature luxurious robes, satellite TV, and DVD players. Each morning, the chefs roll out a three-course breakfast sure to impress any palate. They also run cooking classes and the on-site Presidential Culinary Museum, including an exceptional pizza-making class.
"Far exceeded our expectations. Chef Marti was a great host. The food was good; cooking class was fun; wine tasting a nice surprise. Definitely worth doing again."-- LivingSocial Member
"This is an amazing place with such a warm, family atmosphere and so much history!"-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays between now and April 16, 2015
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Rescheduling/cancellations within 90 days of arrival will be subject to a $35 re-booking fee; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Voucher valid for up to 2 guests; up to one additional child may be added for $15 per night
- Options A and B (one and two-night stays at the property) also include one appetizer at Ni Fen Bistro and one dessert at Carolina Crossing Restaurant
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 16, 2015 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 17, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 16, 2015 • Enjoy By April 16, 2015
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms