Lily of Eire in Virginia Hunt Country
Blackthorne Inn & Restaurant • Upperville, VA
get it now to save even moreclose
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a Cabin, Sundays through Thursdays ($299) or Fridays and Saturdays ($399)
- Daily Breakfast for Two
- Two Welcome Drinks
- Fruit and Cheese Plate
Once owned by George Washington, this stone house built in 1763 combines the atmosphere of Ireland with modern in-room amenities such as Jacuzzis.
Just an hour outside of the nation's capital, Fauquier County has become synonymous with Hunt Country and all things equestrian in Virginia. These rolling hills at the base of the Blue Ridge Mountains host posh polo matches, fox hunts, and vast green pastures. Fine pedigrees aren't confined to the stables, though; peek inside one of the historic manor homes set back from the road and you'll find an affluent society seeking simplicity in the countryside.
Blackthorne Inn & Restaurant brings the spirit of Eire to the Hunt Country town of Upperville, Virginia. Consider yourself very lucky, indeed, to visit the 1763 stone house—once owned by George Washington—where cozy cabins are named for counties in Ireland. All feature plush beds, satellite TV, Jacuzzi tubs, and porches. Many also offer wood-burning fireplaces. With breakfast overlooking a serene pond and a setting as green as the Emerald Isle, you won't need to leave your room. But when you do, be sure to grab a bite to eat and a perfectly-poured pint of Guinness at Blackthorne Restaurant and Wolfe Tone's Pub.
The inn's location in the heart of Hunt Country gives guests easy access to year-round entertainment like polo matches, steeplechase races, antique shops, and Civil War battlefields. Take in the scenery during an afternoon hike near historic Ashby Gap or pamper your palate with a wine tasting at one of the nearby wineries. The inn also can arrange trail rides throughout the area.
"Magical setting and friendly folks! We enjoyed the towns, nearby wineries, and scenic byways mixed with history. We've already recommended the Blackthorne Inn, especially the cabins, to our family and friends."-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 2 per customer, additional as gifts; vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays now through April 16, 2015
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes daily breakfast for two, 2 welcome cocktails, and 1 fruit and cheese plate
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 2 guests
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 16, 2015 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 24, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 16, 2015 • Enjoy By April 16, 2015
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms