Luxe Belizean Living on Turneffe Atoll
Blackbird Caye Resort • Turneffe Island, Belize
- A Four-Night Stay for Two in a Standard Room ($999) or a Superior Room ($1,114)
- Or, a Seven-Night Stay for Two in a Standard Room ($1,599) or a Superior Room ($1,799)
- Three Daily Meals for Two
- Round-Trip Ground and Boat Transportation from Belize City to the Resort on Saturdays and Wednesdays
The largest of Belize's three ocean atolls, Turneffe is also the only one blanketed by thick green mangroves. The nearly 30,000-acre island formed over millions of years of rising water and coral growth, resulting in an expansive nesting ground for birds, fish, dolphins, and manatees. Divers of all skill levels flock to the steep walls offshore, where the 100-foot visibility reveals sponge gardens and soft corals teeming with colorful creatures. Above water, sport fishers stay busy stalking barracuda, bonefish, and snapper, while birdwatchers stake out the low-lying forests to spot osprey and hummingbirds.
Comfortably spread across 4,000 acres on the windward side of Turneffe Atoll, the Blackbird Caye Resort faces an iridescent lagoon brimming with sea life. Each of Blackbird's 18 oceanfront cabanas features air conditioning and a private porch with chairs and a hammock. A beachside infinity pool provides a sunny place to relax with conch fritters and a Mai Tai while listening to the trade winds rustle the palm trees. In the evening, dine on just-caught seafood at the resort's palapa-style restaurant as you take in the spectacular sunset.
A boat ride away, the Half Moon Caye Natural Monument gives bird-watchers the opportunity to observe the unique red-footed booby. But with more than 70 dive sites within minutes of Blackbird's dock, most of the local attractions are underwater. For an additional fee, scuba newbies can get certified through the on-site PADI facility, while more advanced divers may want to head straight for the exciting atoll walls. Turneffe's leeward-side lagoons offer more gentle, sloping reefs perfect for snorkeling or kayaking. Or, simply stop to savor the tropical climate as you saunter along the unspoiled coastline of this Central American paradise.
"Undoubtedly, the highlight of Turneffe Islands diving is a spot called the Turneffe Elbow, where the current attracts big hungry fish in large numbers and affords one of the only drift dives in Belize."-- Lonely Planet
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays between now and February 28, 2014; must book by October 18
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Voucher valid for up to 2 guests; up to 2 additioanl guests may be added based on availability, contact property for rates
- Includes complimentary use of resort's kayaks
- Included transfer to and from Belize City to the island is by boat on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Travelers must arrive in Belize City by 3 p.m. to make the island transfer that day; it usually occurs between 3:30 and 4 p.m. Upon arriving in Belize City, Blackbird representatives will take you to the appropriate location for your transfer. Charter planes can be arranged for additional fee. Please contact the property with questions; subject to availability
- Airfare not included
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Blackout date(s): December 23- January 1, 2014
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON February 28, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON February 28, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON February 28, 2014 • Enjoy By February 28, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings