Turn Your World Upside Down, Down Under
Down Under Answers •
- A 14-Day Trip to Sydney, Adelaide, Kangaroo Island, and Melbourne ($2,899 to $3,199 per Person*), Including:
- Round-Trip Flights from Los Angeles to Australia, Courtesy of Virgin Australia
- Domestic Flights from Sydney to Adelaide and Adelaide to Melbourne
- Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Four Nights at Travelodge Sydney, Three Nights at Chifley on South Terrace in Adelaide, and Four Nights at Travelodge Southbank in Melbourne
- 11 Breakfasts
- Ground Transportation from Sydney Airport to Sydney Hotel; Coach and Ferry Transportation from Adelaide to Kangaroo Island; and Guided Tour of Kangaroo Island, Courtesy of Sea Link
- Airline Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, Hotel Fees, and Entrance Fees Included
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
A cosmopolitan metropolis with a casual attitude, Sydney's coastal setting allows for sophisticated glamour and laid-back ruggedness to combine in ways that constantly surprise all who visit. The icon of this New South Wales city is unquestionably the Sydney Opera House—poised on the banks of the harbor and meant to evoke the billowing sails floating offshore, its graphic architecture has become a visual shorthand for the city and the rest of Australia. Surf the waves of Bondi Beach, shop the high-end boutiques on Oxford Street, and sip late-night drinks in Darling Harbour—the city's attitude may be relaxed, but its energy is sky-high.
After your time in Sydney, continue to discover Down Under by embracing the cultures of Adelaide and Melbourne like a local—through your taste buds. Have a drink in Adelaide, where more than half of Australia's wine is produced. From there, it's a short hop to Kangaroo Island, a sanctuary of native Australian wildlife. For your main course, it's off to Melbourne to sample its unique international cuisine—nearly a third of the city's residents were born abroad and the diverse population has made for exotic menus in the city's many bohemian cafes.
Explore all the wonders of Oz, courtesy of a 14-day trip with Down Under Answers.
day 1: Board your flight from the US to Sydney.
day 2: You will lose this calendar day crossing the International Date Line, but get it back on your return trip.
days 3, 4, 5, and 6: Touch down in Sydney, where you'll have four days to explore the city at your leisure. Once you've seen the Opera House, head to the Sydney Harbour Bridge to take a quintessential Sydney pic. You could explore the wild side of the city with a trip to Botany Bay National Park and the Sydney Aquarium. When it's dinnertime, you'll find that Sydney has much to offer foodies, whether you want to sample meals from celebrity chefs or just want to duck into a harbor-view cafe for fresh seafood.
Four nights at the Travelodge Sydney. Daily breakfast provided.
day 7: Fly to Adelaide and check into your hotel before heading out to discover the city as you please.
Three nights at Chifley on South Terrace. Daily breakfast provided.
day 8: Board your Sea Link coach and ferry to Kangaroo Island, where you'll go on the included Sea Link tour of this animal-lover's paradise. Seals and dolphins roam the waters, while land exploration could yield a sighting of koalas, wallabies, and of course, the island's namesake.
day 9: Back in Adelaide, explore the arts scene of this multicultural city at your own pace. Taste the numerous varietals of local wine before finding unique snacks at Adelaide's 250-stall Central Market. Get rowdy with a beer at Exeter or live music at the Gracie—or have a quiet day in the Art Gallery of South Australia, which offers free guided tours.
days 10, 11, 12, and 13: Fly to Melbourne, where the four days in this unique city are yours to spend as you choose. Perhaps you could visit the Melbourne Cricket Ground—known as "The G" to locals—and buy a tour to see the largest stadium in the country and one of the world's most renowned cricket venues. Relax under 100-year-old trees in Flagstaff Gardens, or enjoy a lively meal in Queen Victoria Market, where visitors can find everything from fresh produce to fast food.
Four nights at the Travelodge Southbank. Daily breakfast provided.
day 14: Return to the Melbourne airport to board your flight back to the US.
Los Angeles (LAX) departures: March 1 through 15, 2014 ($3,099); April 1 through 30, 2014 ($3,199); May 1 through 15, 2014 ($2,899); or May 16 through June 8, 2014 ($2,899)
*Priced per person based on double occupancy (see fine print)
"It was my best vacation experience; I couldn't rave about it more. I tell everyone to visit Australia. It's an amazing country that I still constantly dream about, and wish to go back again someday!"-- LivingSocial Member
"Book a window seat for your flight to Sydney: day or night, this city sure is good-lookin’. Scratch the surface and it only gets better."-- Lonely Planet
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Please contact Down Under Answers to check availability before purchasing your vouchers
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must provide two voucher numbers when confirming reservations for double occupancy purchases
- Reservations must be confirmed by November 7, 2013
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy. Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $899
- Merchant cancellation policy applies, $300 fee to make changes plus airline and hotel fees; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Voucher and airfare are non-refundable once booked
- Credit card information and photo ID is required at check-in; must be 18 or over to check-in
- Hotels and routing are subject to change based on availability
- Includes Domestic Flights from Sydney to Adelaide and Adelaide to Melbourne , Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Four Nights at Travelodge Sydney, Three Nights at Chifley on South Terrace in Adelaide, and Four Nights at Travelodge Southbank in Melbourne 11 Breakfasts, Coach and Ferry Transportation from Adelaide to Kangaroo Island and Guided Tour of Kangaroo Island, Courtesy of Sea Link, Airline Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, Hotel Fees, and Entrance Fees
- Does not include visa fees, gratuities to drivers and local guides, meals and beverages other than specified, personal and baggage insurance, and costs for anything not specified above
- Documentation Required to Travel: Passport and Visa (approximately $20 AUD)
- Review the State Department's website for passport/visa requirements and important announcements before traveling to your destination
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Valid only for date/option bought
- All stays must be completed within date range listed on voucher
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Hotel blackout dates include 14 – 16 March, 2014 in Melbourne
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON June 8, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 17, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 8, 2014 • Enjoy By June 8, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings